Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Change

rts

sry to post it, i did a fast search but couldn't find a related topic.

Anyone here has any info about how Yaris 1.3 gearbox could fit into TS ? Can it be made to work in any way ? You know, 1.3 Yaris has a longer final gear ratio.

It probably won't fit - you should ask some Toyota engineer to clear it out.

Anyway there is a TRD longer final drive gear kit which you may want to install - it improves mileage, decreases the engine noise and allows to reach higher speed.

It probably won't fit - you should ask some Toyota engineer to clear it out.

Anyway there is a TRD longer final drive gear kit which you may want to install - it improves mileage, decreases the engine noise and allows to reach higher speed.

Ty. Yep, i want definitely less noise and lower rpm on highways. I don't know that kit you mentioned but i guess it would be much cheaper if I could make use of an original toyota gearbox - wholly or partly.

Im searching google for that TRD kit.

Ahh thanks a lot mate. I'll do some investigation on prices at the nearest distributor in austria, but i'm still intrested in a 1.3 yaris gearbox related piece of advise - if anyone could help me out.

Ahh thanks a lot mate. I'll do some investigation on prices at the nearest distributor in austria, but i'm still intrested in a 1.3 yaris gearbox related piece of advise - if anyone could help me out.

If it's advice about a 1.3 you're after you'd probably be best to ask in the main Yaris section, rather than the T-Sport part (CLICK HERE) :thumbsup:

Good luck, I hope you find what you want.

Oh, and welcome to the club

I was thinking about this the other day and was considering a Tsport box onto a 1.3 as the shorter ratios should make for quicker acceleration? also they aren't too expensive second hand so could be cost effective, specially if my gearbox synchro's go (seems quite common) :P Also being similar engines may fit but would need to consider if they share the same clutch and flywheel (which i think they dont :()

Thank you Kev Mc. I havent been able to find and ask a toyota expert so far but the more i know about it the less i believe it could be possible to change the 2 gearbox without other changes. I'm afraid japanese toyota engineers ensured that no one can pick their design in such a simple way. :blink:

as long as its a 1.3 box off of a 2nz-fe, its a straight swap mate. (from some one who knows)

surely if you fit the whole gearbox you'll be making your yaris slower, just to have a longer final gear ratio

• 2 months later...
surely if you fit the whole gearbox you'll be making your yaris slower, just to have a longer final gear ratio

Ive got a yris ts gearbox if thats any gud to you,you could just recon that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links