Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Door Rattle

Philbo Bagins

Just got my 04 Rav4 and loving it :thumbsup:

However i have a rattle with the rear door. it sounds like its actually in the door, behind the wheel carrier.

The noise is herd when i go over a bump, or when i grab the spare wheel and push/pull.

I've had the spare wheel off and the noise is still there when i push the wheel carrier, although the carrier is firmly atached to the door.

The noise sounds like a tinny, metal on metal noise.

Any ideas?

Just got my 04 Rav4 and loving it :thumbsup:

However i have a rattle with the rear door. it sounds like its actually in the door, behind the wheel carrier.

The noise is herd when i go over a bump, or when i grab the spare wheel and push/pull.

I've had the spare wheel off and the noise is still there when i push the wheel carrier, although the carrier is firmly atached to the door.

The noise sounds like a tinny, metal on metal noise.

Any ideas?

Try and apply some lubrication/grease onto the the locking/catches. The two parts are rubbing wen the car is moving..

Philbo, welcome to TOC.

You could also try doing a search on this topic as I'm sure its came up in many threads before.

I'm also pretty sure that there has been a Toyota technical bulletin about possible fixes.

Good luck,

Dave.

Hi, many thanks, i'll search for it now.

Loving the Rav4 (even with the rattle) Just came from a MR2 roadster so i'm well aware of Toyota's "Technical Bullitins"

Anyone aware of a similar known fix for a rattle in the front passenger door of a 2006 XT4? Mine developed an intermittent one a few months ago; it's not anything in the door pocket or glove boxes and, when it's there, it's not changed by retracting the mirrors or cracking open the window.

It's not always there - in fact it's more common when my wife is in the car - but it's not her!

Anyone aware of a similar known fix for a rattle in the front passenger door of a 2006 XT4? Mine developed an intermittent one a few months ago; it's not anything in the door pocket or glove boxes and, when it's there, it's not changed by retracting the mirrors or cracking open the window.

It's not always there - in fact it's more common when my wife is in the car - but it's not her!

Hi Steve

My wife rattles as well - sorry, can hear a rattle when she's sitting in the passenger seat.

I can never hear it unless she drives and I sit in the passenger seat. It's a strange noise that seems to come from up near the mirror, as if the wind is catching something and causing it to move.

I will have a closer look at some stage and let you know if I find anything.

Regards

My wife complains of a rattle from the passenger seat too, but to be honest, I struggle to hear anything odd when she points it out.

Not saying she's hearing things though............. :blink:

Have you taken the door card off and had a look?

Is it a tinny rattle or could it be the glass?

Had a rattle in my Roadster, turned out to be a rubber slide part that the glass slid up and down in that had fallen out of its channel, so the glass was knocking against metal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links