Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty

oriana

i have just been quoted £360 for a 2 yr warranty with warranty direct,just wondered if anyone has had experience from this company,hey say they cover wear and tear including the dreaded flywheel.

i thought about buying from mr t at £610 but reading on here they seem to regard flywheel failure as secondry to clutch wear.

thanks

I have no experience of Warranty Direct, but do sound a note of caution on the basis of experience with another warranty company - don't remember its name but it was one of the big ones. I paid my fee when I bought the car, and a few weeks later the gearbox fell apart. I tried to claim back under the warranty but the day before the insurer had gone bust. So do check, inasfar as it is possible to do so, the credentials of your proposed insurer.

Secondly, check carefully the maximum amount you can claim. Often the limits on these after market warranties are quite low, say £250 or £500, which will obviously cover only a small part of the cost of more expensive repairs - such as the flywheel.

Perhaps you should take into account the age, mileage and history of your car, too. If it is new-ish, and has low mileage and a trouble-free history, and it's just the flywheel you're worried about, then, bearing in mind the RAV's reliability , I would think twice about paying for third party warranty - but that is just my view.

i have just been quoted £360 for a 2 yr warranty with warranty direct,just wondered if anyone has had experience from this company,hey say they cover wear and tear including the dreaded flywheel.

i thought about buying from mr t at £610 but reading on here they seem to regard flywheel failure as secondry to clutch wear.

thanks

Had a warranty with them. One thing is that, if you make a claim unless you use an approved garage you have to pay for the parts yourself first :eek: :eek: , then claim back :crybaby: :crybaby: so if the big stuff goes awol you may need to fork out a ££££ first....

thanks

Had a warranty with them. One thing is that, if you make a claim unless you use an approved garage you have to pay for the parts yourself first :eek: :eek: , then claim back :crybaby: :crybaby: so if the big stuff goes awol you may need to fork out a ££££ first....

you can claim as many times as you like up to the value of the car no mention about paying for parts and claiming back.

it is only the flywheel that concerns me they will not cover the clutch but if this is what damages the flywheel like mr t often says they will cover it

you can claim as many times as you like up to the value of the car no mention about paying for parts and claiming back.

it is only the flywheel that concerns me they will not cover the clutch but if this is what damages the flywheel like mr t often says they will cover it

Troublesome flywheels tend to get flagged up here but don't forget that there are thousands of 4.2 D4D's out there with no problems. I personally never buy an insurance policy as they make millions out of what is statistically a low risk.

In any case if my luck is anything to go by then Murphys Law will come and bite you in the *rse and the flywheel will fail the day after the policy runs out and you will end up paying for both. Mine has a DMF flywheel of epic proportions and I'm not worried about it.

Enjoy your car and stop worrying.

Or as Steve would say who is turning more and more Scottish as we speak;- dinni fas yoursen (translation - don't make a fuss).

:thumbsup:

i know you only hear of the failed flywheels it would be good if we saw some posts of d4d owners who have covered lots of miles with no trouble

thanks for all your replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links