Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spyshots Of 2008 Rav 4

Manxrav

Anyone wanting to know what the 2008 updates on the 4.3 are going to be. Go on to Rav4World and theres a couple of threads on this subject. The website to look is http://www.carspyshots.netzerothread?id=23699. Hope I,ve got that right. Very interesting alterations to front end ( a bit VW) and at last Signal mirrors.

Just out of interest i have just got the latest edition of What 4x4 and MPV, they have done an article on the new VW tiguan,with pictures, boy is that one Stunning motor!!!!

Clare :thumbsup:

Well if there are changes to the spec of the 2008 RAV4 ,all i could find on the net was this.....

"EU's Rav4 is getting special version called Cross Sport. It will feature:

- new 17" wheels (from US Rav4)

- chrome front mask

- new interior trim

- no spare tire on the back (like on X model, but with quick fix kit)

- Privacy windows at the back

- Front guard

- bluetooth

- parking sensors at back

- special luggage designed for Cross Sport

This is intended to be mid-level model (not top), and price should be about the same, despite all the added content. It is intended to compete with numerous new competition coming to small SUV sector in Europe (Freelander, Mitsu, Peugot, Citroen, VW, Audi, etc, etc).

In our market Rav4 sells like crazy, this will just add fuel to the fire. Expect models to start selling Sept/October 2007. No-Spare tire kit will be avail. on other models as well. Enjoy."

This could be it, but on the other hand, it could only be for the home market in Japan.....

2008RAV4.jpg

Hmm.

Has the 4.3 been selling that slowly that Toyota feel the need to so seriously update it already?? :blink:

Maybe it's just me, but I think it still looks fresh in the current market.

so will my rav4 that i get on the 57 plate be the facelift one? will it come with bluetooth and stuff?

No. There will be a big fuss by marketing when the new spec comes and it will be preceded by some sort of promotion to clear the old stock.

Hard luck :crybaby:

so will my rav4 that i get on the 57 plate be the facelift one? will it come with bluetooth and stuff?

No. There will be a big fuss by marketing when the new spec comes and it will be preceded by some sort of promotion to clear the old stock.

Cheers Bob for posting that photo. That is the one I was on about.

Clare :yahoo:

Cheers Bob for posting that photo. That is the one I was on about.

Clare :yahoo:

Its only one of the two pages, but it gives a taster of things to come :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Isn't there a stretched Rav4 already on sale in the USA already though?

Not sure if it has 7 seats though. :unsure:

Perhaps this is a domestic market only model?

bliiding hall

what a shower oa wincers.

I'm more than happy wi ma 1994 3 door RAV and elighted at both the joy it has given me and now the challenge it offers me by shoehorning in the 3SGTE turbo wi various other mods.

Naw - a dinnae want a 5 door RAV - it wis always built tae be a 3 door and the latest contrived models are dynamically challenged on the centre of gravity/ stability issue.

It (the 5 door) wis clearly developed to enter intae the market fur families - I bought a Previa tae dae that and it wis fekin wunnerfull at achieving that - eight seats and could happily cruise at 100mph+ with fantastic stability and accelaration.

Then T brought in the 5 door which has awheel base too long for its width incurring instability problems almost akin tae the famous wobbling rangerovers etc...

Of course over the past few years, the 5 door has been modified tae become a real 5 door an in the meantime they (T) dropped the 3 door.

Whit a waste.

I am more tha ecstatic in keeping my '94 RAV4 3 door no matter how much it takes. Its the best car I'v ever really enjoyed. Had the '94 Previa been 4 wheel drive, I'd have kept that as well but oan ice, it wis entirely hopeless. The thought of even thinking o buying a new RAV is way ootside ma thinking arena. But of course I do wish youz alll the best in enjoying the new range.

Ahm getting the spacer tomorrow tae finish aff the installation o the 6 pot callipers. Aifter that is the fitting o a GT4 intercooler and ancillary bits.

T guy in NZ said tae expect front wheel take aff oan accelaration but ahve learnt that his has been raised 1" an he uses it fur racing... as if I'd try that in sunny Motherwell land whaur Dave hangs oot ................????!!!

RAVS are fur peeps :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The North American RAV4 has a longer wheelbase than the European model, and has an option for third row "seats".

It is Japan only, and it's definitely NOT a RAV4 although it shares some common body panels.

The North American RAV4 has a longer wheelbase than the European model, and has an option for third row "seats".

It is Japan only, and it's definitely NOT a RAV4 although it shares some common body panels.

Cool - That solves that one then!! :thumbsup:

There are things afoot in the Toyota SUV world, stand by your beds.............sssssshhhhhh

Kingo :thumbsup:

There are things afoot in the Toyota SUV world, stand by your beds.............sssssshhhhhh

Mmmm.....mysterious...........like it :D

Mmmm.....mysterious...........like it :D

Hmmmmmmmmmm :g::g::g: could MrT be designing something to answer the HUGE demand for the Nissan Qashqai ?

Have they finaly resolved the T180 tyre fiasco..... :o

Giving the UK a 7 seat version...... :o

V6 RAV maybe.... :o

Come on Kingo you cant come on here leaving us with just that amount of info..............tell tell tell????????????????

:!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

No disapointment to me. As a buyer of a new T180 earlier in the year I would have been seriously hacked off if Toyota changed after little over a year :ffs:

Well if do ever get it I will prize the Vangaurd badges off it and put my Typhoon badges on. However, you can guarantee that Toyota GB will only import it with a black interior instead of the grey or beige that the more upmarket competitior use - thanks for that TGB, were all sorted if we need to go to a funeral in it. Of course the media in the UK seem to dictate a black interior and that is why I never buy any magazines from these self opinionated organisations because if one idiot says it they all do. :censor:

Now I could be monumentally incorrect but I have a suspicion that it is on a rav floorpan with rav doors and various other rav bits and fundamentally a rav interior so are they trying to con people it is something other than a compact SUV by changing the name or am I in a more cynical mood than normal?

Have they finaly resolved the T180 tyre fiasco..... :o

Giving the UK a 7 seat version...... :o

V6 RAV maybe.... :o

Come on Kingo you cant come on here leaving us with just that amount of info..............tell tell tell????????????????

:shutit: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

Anchorman has sussed out the future....

up here in the depths of Lanarkshire, we've been developing the prototype for a year now. Whereas the 4 wheel drive and bodyshell are RAV derivatives, much else has changed. The power to weight ratio is such that drivers will have to put on weight to help keep the vehicle on the road. It is much suited to the clinically and morbid obese, thus fitting the profile of the new breed of Toyota owners.... the brakes are immense and will set the challenge for drivers attempting to follow behind to a) keep up; and B) stop before doing a rear end shunt.

Once we solve the tendency to leap up and down on the road then it seems that pictures of the prototype will then be published. However, as the vehicle, from the outside is now the finished article, it has had to be hidden away.

All that remains to be said is that South africa is going to win the rugby world cup...

annonymouse :shutit: :shutit:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links