Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3sge With Megasquirt

Smølfen

Hello,

I have a megasquirt engine control unit for my 3SGE toyota engine(MR2 95') but the problem is that it aint calibrated, so the unit is set to drive a V8 engine, which gives me a very very strong gasoline inject, so if someone have a standard setting for a 3SGE motor(176 hk/ps) to megasquirt i can get, i would be very happy.... because i'm very bad to calibrating the megasquirt..... hope someone can help me.... and sorry for my bad english...

The settings don't have to be perfect, the car just have to run so I can get it over to a guy who can calibrate it perfectly :)

If you have the file, please paste a link to this board or send it using email to: mikstur@msn.com

Thanks in advance!

Megasquirt???

Also.. you did say 3sge right? Why would you need something injecting fuel like that (if that's what it is) on a n/a engine?

Megasquirt is a programmable ECU - so you can change basically everything from ignition to rev-limiter...

It also includes ALS, LC, Flatshift and a lot of other stuff!

Very popular with the mr2 guys in the USA.

Very popular with the mr2 guys in the USA.

And in loads of other countries!

Anyway, I've got the file from a danish guy now :)

Pretty popular in the UK too. Cheapest way to a proper programmable ECU rather than just hacking about with the signals going to and from the stock one ;)

Don't know of one on a 3SGE though I'm afraid, but it looks like you're ok now anyway :)

Megasquirt is used quite a bit in the UK by the Mazda boys when turbo-ing their cars. IIRC, the MR2 Roadster guys use them too on their conversions.

Very easy to map. Can be mapped whilst driving the car, but you need the basic profile first so you don't get det or knock etc...

Very easy to map. Can be mapped whilst driving the car, but you need the basic profile first so you don't get det or knock etc...

EXACTEMUNDO!

Which is why MS is chosen ;)

Actually the 3SGE is N/A-tuned with lightened parts inside it, other camshafts and a lot of other fun stuff.

It's not actually a MR2 - but the engine is from a SW2x. The engine is now in a Toyota Carina GTi.

The engine is running good now - but on basic profile. The engine need to be run for about 1000-2000km before the ECU is set 100% to put all the power out ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links