Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Tyres

MarcusD

Had my Corolla Verso T180 for 11 months now (from new) and it has just had its first service with the mileage at 10750. They noted that the tread on the front two tyres were both at 2-3-2. The lease company would not authorise the replacement of the tyres until 12,000. The car is used mainly for town driving with a bit of motorway. What sort of mileage are other T180 owners getting? Also, the dealer noted that the front brake pads were 80% worn and again wouldn't replace them. Is this rate of wear and tear normal for this car or does this say something about the habits of the driver?

Thanks.

Had my Corolla Verso T180 for 11 months now (from new) and it has just had its first service with the mileage at 10750. They noted that the tread on the front two tyres were both at 2-3-2.

Also, the dealer noted that the front brake pads were 80% worn and again wouldn't replace them.

You will notice that your stopping distance will be affected on wet roads and will get progressively worse as they wear even more. In heavy rain the situation will be even poorer. If your tyres are down to 2mm I take it the tread wear indicators are showing?

If the brake pads are 80% worn then surly they must be changed. Either way I would be making a lot of noise about getting these safety items changed as soon as.

Hello Marcus

Although I do not have the T180 but the 2-2D4D Verso I have just had a 10000 mile service and the tyres were shown at 7 mm all round which was a bit of a surprise as I went through a set of Avensis tyres in 12000 miles .Whether the suspension set up is a lot different between the 2-2D4D Verso and the Verso 180 I do not know but I am convinced it more how the cars suspension is set up rather than how you drive dictates the tyre wear.

Perhaps someone with a T180 will post

Hello Marcus

Although I do not have the T180 but the 2-2D4D Verso I have just had a 10000 mile service and the tyres were shown at 7 mm all round which was a bit of a surprise as I went through a set of Avensis tyres in 12000 miles .Whether the suspension set up is a lot different between the 2-2D4D Verso and the Verso 180 I do not know but I am convinced it more how the cars suspension is set up rather than how you drive dictates the tyre wear.

Similar issues with the lease company but more in getting them to pay for the tracking to be checked. My T180 made it to 25k on its front tyres though by then the outer shoulders were as smooth as a baby's bum! I had the 30k service a few months ago & they said the front brake pads were 50% worn so yours do seem to have worn very quickly. I do a mix of urban, fast motorway & hilly country driving so a fairly good mixture.

Hello Marcus

Similar issues with the lease company but more in getting them to pay for the tracking to be checked. My T180 made it to 25k on its front tyres though by then the outer shoulders were as smooth as a baby's bum! I had the 30k service a few months ago & they said the front brake pads were 50% worn so yours do seem to have worn very quickly. I do a mix of urban, fast motorway & hilly country driving so a fairly good mixture.

Hello Marcus

hello i have had my t180 from new had a service at 10000 miles and the tyres where fine. i have now done 19ooo miles and have noticed the outer rims have gone smooth on both front tyres i took the car back to toyota to make sure there was nothing wrong. they have said that it is normal for this to happen thats how they wear.

• 2 weeks later...
Had my Corolla Verso T180 for 11 months now (from new) and it has just had its first service with the mileage at 10750. They noted that the tread on the front two tyres were both at 2-3-2. The lease company would not authorise the replacement of the tyres until 12,000. The car is used mainly for town driving with a bit of motorway. What sort of mileage are other T180 owners getting? Also, the dealer noted that the front brake pads were 80% worn and again wouldn't replace them. Is this rate of wear and tear normal for this car or does this say something about the habits of the driver?

Thanks.

Just had my T180 serviced at 1 year 6038 miles (not many i'll admit) and front tyres were 5-6-5 and rear 6-7-6 so not too bad. no comments on brake discs so all ok. Must be all that torque... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links