Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Single Pipe Rear Skirt For T180?

GreyRacer

Does anyone know if the single pipe rear skirt shown on the Auris accessories of the Toyota European site does actually fit the T180 and also it's part number. My dealer told me today it is not compatible.

Does anyone know if the single pipe rear skirt shown on the Auris accessories of the Toyota European site does actually fit the T180 and also it's part number. My dealer told me today it is not compatible.

I have one mounted for the time beeing.

Your dealer answer is correct. Without modifications they exchaust tip will not line up correctly for the rear skirt opening.

My dealer modified the exchaust tip by moving it 3 cm to the right. After this it will line up correctly for the opening of your rearskirt.

I'll make a picture of it & post ti so your dealer can see it is possible.

I have one mounted for the time beeing.

Your dealer answer is correct. Without modifications they exchaust tip will not line up correctly for the rear skirt opening.

My dealer modified the exchaust tip by moving it 3 cm to the right. After this it will line up correctly for the opening of your rearskirt.

I'll make a picture of it & post ti so your dealer can see it is possible.

Many thanks for your reply. I would appreciate the pictures.

My front skirt and set of sports pedals are being fitted tomorrow.

Smart job. I like it.

Was the original bent tail pipe just cut off and the big bore strait added, or was the back box moved laterally as well?

Smart job. I like it.

Was the original bent tail pipe just cut off and the big bore strait added, or was the back box moved laterally as well?

Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes:

1. They extension of the rear muffler (with is hanging in the rubber suspension) is bended 1 cm to the right to move the muffler

2.The original bent pipe was indeed cut off, but welded with a 30% rotation counter clockwise & welded back on to get in front of the skirt opening.

3. The original bent was shortend half way & the big bore was welded on top of the remaining ( the 30% rotated part)

Greetz,

Smart job. I like it.

Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes:

1. They extension of the rear muffler (with is hanging in the rubber suspension) is bended 1 cm to the right to move the muffler

2.The original bent pipe was indeed cut off, but welded with a 30% rotation counter clockwise & welded back on to get in front of the skirt opening.

3. The original bent was shortend half way & the big bore was welded on top of the remaining ( the 30% rotated part)

Greetz,

Many thanks for the details. I'll visit my dealer and ask for a quote to carry out the same work.

Cheers again.

• 2 weeks later...

Lat time I looked, we were developing twin exhausts specifically for the T180 (at a sizeable R&D cost), not sure whether or not the project is complete yet.

Lat time I looked, we were developing twin exhausts specifically for the T180 (at a sizeable R&D cost), not sure whether or not the project is complete yet.

Yes they are now available at a horrible cost. Skirt and twins painted and finished £1000.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in that image did you get you backbox changed? im getting mine done soon but they said they will have to change the pipe which is connected to the exhaust box and make another one just for my auris ;)

in that image did you get you backbox changed? im getting mine done soon but they said they will have to change the pipe which is connected to the exhaust box and make another one just for my auris ;)

As you can read in my reply of 17 of august, they indeed also changed my pipe connected to the box for severall degrees rotation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links