Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Interface

anchorman

Does anyone know if the Ipod interface will work with SatNav? :help: As the wife and I really miss not have a cd changer.

PS anchorman - I play trains too! Mine go a little faster :P :lol:

43138.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• chatman

Anchorman. I could supply you a list of part numbers, prices etc for popular jobs and parts. I can do discounts on parts too! Kingo :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the Ipod interface will work with SatNav? :help: As the wife and I really miss not have a cd changer.

I think the ipod interface pretends to be a cd changer and the B9004 head unit does recognise a CD changer, so there is hope! I would hope your dealer would know!

I've plugged an old connect2 aux interface (which also pretends to be a CD changer) I previously used in a 4.2 into the B9004 and it does get recognised as a CD Changer. However, after a few seconds of play it gets a bit confused. I expect there have been some "improvements" to the avc-lan that the aux interface is no longer compatible with. I hope to sort this out ........................eventually.

But there must be somebody here with an ipod interface and XT5/T180 that can definitely confirm it for you?

PS anchorman - I play trains too! Mine go a little faster :P :lol:

43138.jpg

Is it just me, or is this thread turning into a Steve Martin / John Candy film ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

Is it just me, or is this thread turning into a Steve Martin / John Candy film ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

We'll leave you to supply some nice pictures of Planes, Dave :lol::lol::lol:

P 51 Mustangs might be nice :thumbsup:

Dave.

I don't have an ipod..... :D :D

(There brought this topic back on target)

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Dave.

Here you go Fuj, happy to help :D

SaleenandMutangplane0001.jpg

Dave.

OOPS :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Okey Dokey it sounds like we are on.

I think we should entitle them Maintenance Tips - 4.3 then we can also cover 4.2's as well. My mate has a 4.2 so I can document his service which I am doing tomorrow all being well. And it is open so anybody can add to it - I am always willing to learn and I find shcm's knowledge of electronics fascinating.

As I was out playing 1:1 scale trains yesterday I have missed a few answers;

duncerduncs - Your train is somewhat faster than mine and hopefully when it gets a new MTU engine it will be a bit less smokey! I imagine your route card is a bit more interesting as well. I sign Buxton to Blackpool and a few diversions but the Depot is only 12 minutes away and although I could make things a bit more interesting if I went to Crewe or Manchester I just can't be bothered fighting my way through all that traffic. We are waiting to see if there are any new units in the new DfT hand out. It sounds like you will have a new Reading Station but then FGW have to live up to their promises of improving service!! I will chat with you by pm or email.

shcm - Yes I agree with you about oil changing. I changed mine at 1500 miles and agin just last week as it is coming up to 12 months old. I use genuine filters and Morris's 5W30 semi synthetic. I get a wierd sense of satisfaction (embarrasingly almost affection) for caring for it. I spent more on this thing than I did for my first house and so I feel quite protective towards it. It is an easy job and hopefully some of the other owners will do it. Incidentally, I bought the filter for about £8 and the oil for about £15. I have done the checks on the intermediate service schedule and my dealer has agreed to check it over (and stamp the book) for £25 + VAT so I have serviced it for less than £50 instead of £155. I hear that quick fit and other fast fit centres are sucking oil out of the dip stick tube. I think Toyota don't do that but there is one way to make sure it is done to your satisfaction :thumbsup: Most manufacturers are extending their service intervals as technology improves but also to help sell their cars. I think it is probably more acceptable to high mileage cars but I don't like the idea with lower mileage beacause although there is less likely to be engine wear particles there will be more water and fuel contamination as a function of combustion.

Fujisan - I have seen the Hitachi unit that was delivered. Knowing the Japanese they will be ready even if the UK isn't. No doubt they will knock European reliability figures for six as well. In answer to one of your previous comments, I don't do fish other than fish and chip shop cod, especially fish that still has a pulse :sick:

Dave/Fuj - I think that duncerdunc has already got into planes as his HST looks like one of the Red Arrows with all that smoke!!! :yucky: He will soon be smokeless as all FGW HST's will get MTU (Mercedes Benz) engines.

Kingo - Thanks. That would be great to be able to call on your knowledge of parts and prices. Perhaps you could add a reply to each subject showing the details?

First "Maintenance Tips" coming soon.

Cheers.

Beautiful aircraft Dave :thumbsup: ......and the car is OK :D

Years, since I've done an oil change Anchorman but you might just tempt me.

And no I haven't got an I-pod either Chatman :thumbsup: But I do have an mp3 player on my phone...that I hardly use :unsure:

Back on topic in the end :lol::lol:

Beautiful aircraft Dave :thumbsup: ......and the car is OK :D

Years, since I've done an oil change Anchorman but you might just tempt me.

And no I haven't got an I-pod either Chatman :thumbsup: But I do have an mp3 player on my phone...that I hardly use :unsure:

Back on topic in the end :lol::lol:

We should be moderators Fuji... :P :P keeping all these forums on topic and all.... :) :)

We should be moderators Fuji... :P :P keeping all these forums on topic and all.... :) :)

Ohh I don't know about that :huh: I'm probably the worst offender in the RAV section for pulling forums off topic :lol::lol::lol:

I think that once the point has been made, having a little "ramble" knocks the corners off a subject and if we can have a light side to these forums it keeps it all in good spirit.

"ipod interface" - did I show you this frequent visitor to my bird table???

snowy0011.jpg

Ramble away.....

I get lots of Blue !Removed! in my garden.... :eek: :eek:

But that's for another forum :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Great photo Anchorman, Bill Oddie would be proud :lol:

Those Goldfinch's love their Niger seeds! :eat:

This fella visited our garden a few times in July.

GreatSpottedWoodpecker.jpg

Has you see we had to install the full squirrel defense because we had up to eight of the furry little tree rats running around our garden before that.

Even after the dome was installed the bushy rats were jumping off the top of the fence, 6ft plus away to try get on the feeder. Thankfully they failed with comic results :lol:

Anyway, I have never seen a woodpecker or a tree rat listening to an I-pod!

Great photo Anchorman, Bill Oddie would be proud :lol:

Those Goldfinch's love their Niger seeds! :eat:

This fella visited our garden a few times in July.

GreatSpottedWoodpecker.jpg

Has you see we had to install the full squirrel defense because we had up to eight of the furry little tree rats running around our garden before that.

Even after the dome was installed the bushy rats were jumping off the top of the fence, 6ft plus away to try get on the feeder. Thankfully they failed with comic results :lol:

Anyway, I have never seen a woodpecker or a tree rat listening to an I-pod!

Here you go Fuj, happy to help :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

z74105782.jpg

Dave. :D

Fuj'

My mate who lives about 100 metres away gets a Woodpecker every day but it never comes to me. The Penguin that comes seems to prefer a ghetto blaster though Dave.

What are they listening too Dave? Icicle Works or the Arctic Monkeys? :lol::lol::lol:

ICE T :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave. :D

Fuj'

My mate who lives about 100 metres away gets a Woodpecker every day but it never comes to me. The Penguin that comes seems to prefer a ghetto blaster though Dave.

Keep music LIVE :lol::lol::lol::lol:

PenguinGuitar.gif

Dave.

Ok last penguin joke, :lol:

penguin.gif

I'll stop now :lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: Prefer KIT KATS anyway :lol:

What? Squirrels (or is it a chipmunk)? Guitar playing Penguins? Please get a grip people!

This can only mean one thing. It's time once again for a duel.

Click

(sound and flash required).

Even further :offtopic:

Hmmmm cant beat this one :o , ok I bow to the mastericon_pray.gif

Dave :lol::lol:

Hi all,

Have a look at this web site www.driveandview.com and click on I-pod intergration.

May help :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

jim

Hi all,

Have a look at this web site www.driveandview.com and click on I-pod intergration.

May help :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

jim

Well done JHRC for bringing it so skilfully back on topic....Some times there no controlling this lot.....(the Dukes had nothing to do with that film any way....but "Squeal piggy squeal" did :eek: :eek: :cowboy::death::gunsmilie:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links