Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Express Destroys Auris 1.4 D-4d T3

GreyRacer

Auto Express has again marked down an Auris. This time its the 1.4 D-4D T3.

Tested against the Kia Ceed'd 1.6 CRDi LS (which came 1st.) and the Hyundai 130 1.6 CRDi Comfort (which came 2nd).

The Auris trailed at 3rd.

Just what are these people on? Korean cars are better? - just give me a break.

I cant find a link to this on there website, can you include it please? Kingo :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be too bothered. Let's face it - Auto Express don't really know their ***** from their elbow.

A

(aged 29 and a a half and Autocar reader for about - ooh - 20 years)

I cant find a link to this on there website, can you include it please? Kingo :thumbsup:

hello PK,

Mag was only delivered today and usually it takes a week to two weeks for it to appear on their online site.

• 3 months later...

Cant wait to read this article to disagree... I think I read way too many magazines as the day before i paid for my 4 month old 1.4 d4d MMt So i went to have a quick look at the Honda civic and Volvo C30 again to lay my mind to rest... My head told me i was doing the right thing just as it did when i bought my previous Avensis 4 years ago i stumped up the cash

to paraphrase a popular take away food joint with a golden arch IM LOVIN IT !! Why ? well.....this is what i said in another topic

Dont listen the Magazines.. they are there to sell Mags with pictures of BMWs and Audi's and spy shots of the latest REP car on the front cover not real cars for real people...

My last car was a 1.8 Avensis Auto and it was always very nippy and fun to drive even though it was an Auto but with a MPG of 28.9 on average it had to go..I was very worried about the 1.4 Diesel engines performance..... I test drove the 1.6 mmt when it first came out and was not a fan as the engine raced away all the time so asked my dealer to get me a 1.4 D4D mmt but failed to find me one. I went to a new dealer and he got me one to test drive 5 days later (Listers Coventry 10/10). As soon as i jumped in and took away by myself for a couple of hours down the motorway and through town all my worries about speed were gone, im beating people at the lights with my paddle shift !!! fantastic engine.. I had to e-mail all my mates and tell them i couldn't believe it was driving a 1.4 Diesel Auto !!! great fun........ If you a boy racer dont go for it, but if you worry about comfort, economy and the environment then buy away and have fun....PS...if you want some fun go for MMT, im lovin it and im now on 44 mpg average and £115 car tax a year !! Whopppppy Mr tax man...

Only managed to find this HERE but no mention of the road test yet....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links