Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Dash Bulbs...

JappyBeast

Guest MrMojo

Link not working Andy,

but if you mean to light up the clocks, they are 501 capless bulbs, you need 4 of them for the clocks, i replaced mine with blue leds not so long ago, if you are doin that which it looks like you are by the url you need the wide angle ones..

they are available just bout everywhere now at very reasonalble prices.

HTH,

Mo.

Just buy the type of dials I had mate. Then you don't need to worry about bulbs etc!

Dont think I want them now, really like the look of stock dials with purple LED's.

Just buy the type of dials I had mate. Then you don't need to worry about bulbs etc!

Dont think I want them now, really like the look of stock dials with purple LED's.

*cough* !Removed!!!

Right.. Andy.. I did a write up on this on MR2OC :P

Dash: 4 501 bulbs as Mo has said... ideally you wanna get the wide angle LEDs to replace them as they give better distributed colour... available in a range of colours.. I got mine from UltraLEDs...http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u501uvw-wide-angle-p-358.html <-- thats the closest I can find to a 501 purple from there

Ignition Ring: 286 slim wedge bulb... http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u286uv-dash-boa...olet-p-565.html <-- again a UV one from UltraLEDs... this I found needed a little coercion to fit but worked out ok for both the cig lighter ring and ignition ring...

NB: I left all my warning lights and indicators original colours (warning lights cause they stand out against my blue.. and indicators are actually behind green plastic... rather than just a coloured bulb.

If you want to do the heater controls too... like I have... you will need the following:

* Purple silicon caps for 5mm bulbs OR 5mm wide angle LEDs (purple) with resistors (difficult to fit.. I recommend trying to find the former)

* 8 x 3mm LEDs (purple - or variant.. I went for blue/white where the originals are green/orange)

* Soldering Iron

* Solder

* Patience

* Extra hands are useful :P

If you want to do the door controls... you will need:

* 2 x 3mm LEDs (purple)

* Soldering Iron

* Solder

* Patience

Heater Controls

More Specific Heater Controls

Replace Dash Lights

My Write Up for Auto-Up mod - you can see how the Window Controls come apart here

Change Interior Lighting - for good measure

Hope this all helps hon :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links