Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Im Fed Up Today

CraigT

but it does start ..

if the cold start injector isn't working .. it'd explain why you have to pump the throttle .. to get the fuel in to spark ..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CraigT

• Bibbs

• Jimlad

• ZeroBlade

Well I stuck a new Toyota spec Battery in the car earlier and I can already notice it turning over and starting quicker.

Whether this will do the job in the cold is another matter but I decided that on an 8 year old car a new Battery (maintenance free) wouldnt be a bad purchase.

If this doesnt do the trick then Im gonna get a garage to check the cold start injector next.

I'll keep ya all informed :)

Good luck :thumbsup:

I could do without the expense mate especially since its nearly christmas :blink:

Expense? I've spent the wrong side of £700 this month on the car .. and it's the 4th (just).

could it be to do with ignition timing?

Wouldn't resetting the ECU set timings back to default levels?

-Z

Expense? I've spent the wrong side of £700 this month on the car .. and it's the 4th (just).

Ouch! What we do for our beloved MR2's eh?

BTW I started the car this morning in the cold and.....................Broooommmmmmmm!!!!

I dont want to speak too soon but it started fast and hard! Excellent!

If Im lucky thats all it was, but as ever I'll keep you informed ;)

mines figured out too,... seals on injector nearest cambelt are leaking, only leaks when parked up immediately after I stop, this emptys the fuel rail, so it need throttle pumping and turning over by the starter motor to pump more petrol through... :angry:

Well, again I left work tonight, pretty cold but nothing major. Turned they key.........and it started well, with a noticable difference!

The true test will be a majorly cold morning although saying that it wasnt exactly warm when I left the house this morning.

When all is said and done the old Battery was obviously just that........old!

Once again I love the 2 :)

Heading home down the motorway a car tried to undertake me in the slow lane. Feeling happy with the MR2 once again I gleefully rammed it down into fourth and launched forwards at an impressive speed. It was really funny to watch the guy slam on his breaks as he caught up with all the people in the slow lane. Nice B)

That's awsome to hear. Think i'll replace the Battery too.

BTW the white colour of ur car in ur pic looks sweet, you should think about getting clear indicators or tintin em. That's look mint on a white car.

-Z

BTW the white colour of ur car in ur pic looks sweet, you should think about getting clear indicators or tintin em. That's look mint on a white car.

Yea then he'll look exactly like me :D

So it can only be a good thing :bye:

That's awsome to hear. Think i'll replace the battery too.

-Z

Thanks m8. Its a very bright white colour, and very reflective for a white car (thanks autogym!). I had to buy it when I saw it, there isnt a single mark on the car and now it starts too! bargain! :D

My plan is to get the clear lights, I think they would look really good too!

BTW is there anywhere to get really nice looking clear lights.

Ive seem some that look really good and others that look a bit tacky.

Do you have a pic of yours pizza boy?

I have a revision 4 mr2 which came with the clear lenses as standard(96 onward). Another plus with the Rev4 is I dont have the annoying yellow toblerone thingy behind the lenses.I just have the normal side repeaters behind the front arch. The problem your going to have is if you install clear lenses, the unsightly yellow toblerone will stick out loads (just ask jimlad) and being white itll be even more annoying. :(

BUT there is possibly a saviour in the form of KiwiMR2 whom im sure stated that he can get the toblerones in a clear finish. He should update soon about it.

I have a revision 4 mr2 which came with the clear lenses as standard(96 onward). Another plus with the Rev4 is I dont have the annoying yellow toblerone thingy behind the lenses.I just have the normal side repeaters behind the front arch. The problem your going to have is if you install clear lenses, the unsightly yellow toblerone will stick out loads (just ask jimlad) and being white itll be even more annoying. :(

BUT there is possibly a saviour in the form of KiwiMR2 whom im sure stated that he can get the toblerones in a clear finish. He should update soon about it.

Ahhhhhh thanks for the info. Could I not get a clear set from Mr T which are intended for a rev 4 like yours and just switch the whole units over?

Or would that be like asking for a kick in the nads?

I think there is a bit of confusion .. your's doesn't have toblerones as it's not an import ..

Just get clear corners and clear repeators ..

You don't need to replace the tobe's as you don't have 'em (not in you avitar any how)

hmm I dont get it I cant see avatar pics on my computer. I just assumed it was an import :rolleyes: . In that case as bibbs says get clear corners off Mr T and clear side repeaters off Fensport (about 22 quid I think) Or get em both off fensport.

I think there is a bit of confusion .. your's doesn't have toblerones as it's not an import ..

Just get clear corners and clear repeators ..

You don't need to replace the tobe's as you don't have 'em (not in you avitar any how)

No I dint have an import. Just looked at fensport and I saw the following:

* Genuine Toyota - Clear Indicator kit - £86.00 *

Is this what Im after?

BTW whats the difference between clear repeators and clear corners? is it because each light unit is split into two pieces (repeator and corner) or Im I just confused?

Is this what Im after?

I think that's it. I'm getting them too, just that £86... :(

Got a set of clear indicators and stuck em on my car, i think they look really nice against the dark blue of the car.

Is this what Im after?

I think that's it. I'm getting them too, just that £86... :(

Got a set of clear indicators and stuck em on my car, i think they look really nice against the dark blue of the car.

As you can see in my avatar I have orange indicators between the front wheel arch and the door. Id need to get these changed to clear too but this should be simple enough right?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links