Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Questions

cpiddy1980

Hi everyone. I currently own a 54 plate yaris T3 1.0. Ive found that trying to buy a back box that fits it is a nightmare. The ones that ive seen are either £50 universal ones that are gonna sound pants or a Blitz and a fuji one thats gonna cost £350 to get it deliverd. Ive seen a few on eBay that are a little cheaper but say that they will only fit the 1.3. I was wondering if i were to buy one thats for the 1.3 will it fit my 1.0. If it wont why not? Are the back boxes different sizes, do they hang from different postions ect. Would it take much work to get it to fit ect. Thanks for your time and i hope you guys can help me. Also if anyone is selling their backbox maybe i could buy it from you? Cheers Chris

you pay for what you get, the £50 universal ones will sound crap, and will probably lose their baffles after a while.

the 1.3 one's won't fit the 1ltr as it has different flanges and the brackets in a different place.

save up a while longer and get either the fuji or the blitz as you won't regret it. the blitz is a bit cheaper.

There's also the rsr but i'm not sure how much it is.

So theres no way a 1.3 backbox will fit a 1.0? Thats a really shame as ive found a cheap one but it'll only fit a 1.3vvti and 1.4d-4d. It's gonna take me ages to save up for a fuji exhaust, the one that ive seen should have been £150 and i can buy it for £50. Would it be worth buying it and adapting it to fit? Is there anyone out there that has a backbox that will fit my 1.0, maybe someone has a TTE one laying around in a shed? Cheers once again, Chris

i do believe a place like powerflow could make it fit at cost

wouldnt recommend it tho

ive been havin dreams about the blitz lol so if you get it then ill be very upset lol

good luck findin ur zorrrst

its real easy to get a 1.3 exhaust to fit a 1.0

cut off bracket off old backbox

cut off bracket on new backbox

mount new backbox on car and tack old bracket into position

take of, weld properly

put on

not going to cost much to get done

yeah but welding your backbox on is stupid cause u cant get it back off unless u cut it

which is a right faff on

might as well do it properly

sounds like a good idea. I'll keep that in min when looking at exhausts from now on. I take it that a T sport exhaust will also fit using the above method? Cheers Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links