Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cooking Oil And Diesel Mixture

royzels

Hi all, Due to price increase, I am thinking of running my ssrx 3.0 diesel on oil. I would like to ask the following,1. Is it legal....2. What is the mixture ratio of oil and diesel....3. Are there any drawbacks. I am thinking of using oil bought the super market. Any advice would be appreciated. Royzels

It is legal as long as you pay tax on it (which seems to defeat the point really)

Are you not allowed to produce 2,500 litres TAX free as per that link then? I thought you were.

If you can, then I wonder how they can monitor the amount you produce?

you need to register with customs and excise , keep a record for 6 years , if you use over 2500 ltrs a year you pay duty on whatever over the 2500 .

a ratio of 70% derv 30 % veg oil is ok for this time of year . use less oil as the winter draws in.

carry a spare fuel filter and also make sure you can change the fuel filter by hand , not too tight

better still, drain off the fuel in the tank , there's a drain bung in the tank 17mm . flush it out with 5 litres of fresh derv , this flushes any crap out of the tank , oil sticks to tank particles and drags it into the filter , clogging it .

use redex on a regular basis too , cooking oil can glaze the pump and injectors . if you do experiance running problems , get back to neat derv asap .

you can also add a pint of unleaded in the winter , this thins the oil and also adds a bit more flammable mix to ease starting and running .

you need to register with customs and excise , keep a record for 6 years , if you use over 2500 ltrs a year you pay duty on whatever over the 2500 .

a ratio of 70% derv 30 % veg oil is ok for this time of year . use less oil as the winter draws in.

carry a spare fuel filter and also make sure you can change the fuel filter by hand , not too tight

better still, drain off the fuel in the tank , there's a drain bung in the tank 17mm . flush it out with 5 litres of fresh derv , this flushes any crap out of the tank , oil sticks to tank particles and drags it into the filter , clogging it .

use redex on a regular basis too , cooking oil can glaze the pump and injectors . if you do experiance running problems , get back to neat derv asap .

you can also add a pint of unleaded in the winter , this thins the oil and also adds a bit more flammable mix to ease starting and running .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links