Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Camera (4.3)- Jhrc & Shcm Please Help

Darkside

Hello Chaps,

Both JHRC and Darksides 4.3 install threads and pictures are great. Just one point. Do you think we should add the S7 connector pinout information? I may be mistaken, but I don't see it in either. It is buried in the forum somewhere, but it might make a better set of install note if it's all in one place. If I was coming from this fresh, I think I would appreciate it. Forgive me if it is there and I just can't see the wood for trees.

If you like I can cut/paste both threads together and add the connector pin info. What do you think?

Cheers

Hi shcm,

You are correct, we both missed give previous information on S7 connector that you supplied us all with at the start of this thread and all the way through to the end, and the S7 connector should be added to the maintenance tips.

I would like you to add this, as you should have recognition for you part from the start to completion of this thread.

Jim.

Fine with me.

Here is an alternative to those of us without the colour monitor;

http://nextgen.toyotaweb.org/inventory/acc...p;accyId=787430

Possibly a more sensible solution IMHO.

p.s. - I'll try to get round to cutting and pasting threads tonight as I suggested above.

Here is an alternative to those of us without the colour monitor;

http://nextgen.toyotaweb.org/inventory/acc...p;accyId=787430

Howwwww much!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

If anyone without a monitor fancies a camera I suggest they look to the God that is eBay, behold:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bracket-Reversing-Pa...1QQcmdZViewItem

you're right, I didn't take too much notice of the price first time. Mind you the way the $ is going with respect to £, soon that will be about £1.50. :D.

OK, as promised I've sewn together a bit from me, JHRC's and Darkside's posts to form a complete camera Maintenance post. I ran into "too many images" per post error (didn't expect that), so I've separated it into part1 and part2.

Can we get Mr Moderator to tag both posts again please?

Cheers

you're right, I didn't take too much notice of the price first time. Mind you the way the $ is going with respect to £, soon that will be about £1.50. :D.

OK, as promised I've sewn together a bit from me, JHRC's and Darkside's posts to form a complete camera Maintenance post. I ran into "too many images" per post error (didn't expect that), so I've separated it into part1 and part2.

Can we get Mr Moderator to tag both posts again please?

Cheers

Requested

very tempted now. my kenwood has the possibility to use a reverse camera... hmmm let get that toolkit out ;)

• 2 weeks later...
For T180 owners, I bought the following camera:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Number-Plate-N-Visio...oQQcmdZViewItem

I have received the same camera and have a question about the wires since the included paper isn't very clear.

The red wire is positive?

The white is negative?

Than there is an small kind of connector with two white wires and it looks like if the connector is making a bridge connection to connect those two white wires. What is this?

Yellow connector is the video.

Black connector is the power.

many thanks,

bt

For T180 owners, I bought the following camera:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Number-Plate-N-Visio...oQQcmdZViewItem

I have received the same camera and have a question about the wires since the included paper isn't very clear.

The red wire is positive?

The white is negative?

Than there is an small kind of connector with two white wires and it looks like if the connector is making a bridge connection to connect those two white wires. What is this?

Yellow connector is the video.

Black connector is the power.

many thanks,

bt

Hi

Trying to remember two weeks ago. First, I agree the written instructions not ideal. You leave the wires with the 'bridge' connector well alone, I did not touch these. Pretty certain they are for the reverse/mirror image from the camera.

The yellow plug, as you say is the video output.

The black plug, again as you say, is power. It came with an extension cable. I treated the white inner cable as positive (you can probably check/see this from the picture of the scotchlok connection I took)and the outer braid as negative, which I earthed.

Hope this helps B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links