Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Rav Engine Trouble

tuzo

Hi all, new member so bear with me and apologies if this is already a topic discussed. I have a 2003 d4d and love it but have been experiencing a problem lately. when i'm shifting friom 3rd to 4th on any incline the engine light will intermittently come on and the car will lose power. i have to pull in and turn the car off to reset the problem. this is an obvious danger and any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Hi all, new member so bear with me and apologies if this is already a topic discussed. I have a 2003 d4d and love it but have been experiencing a problem lately. when i'm shifting friom 3rd to 4th on any incline the engine light will intermittently come on and the car will lose power. i have to pull in and turn the car off to reset the problem. this is an obvious danger and any tips/advice would be appreciated.

As you say "when I'm shifting from 3rd to 4th on any incline" is it only on a hill.... may be fuel starvation as your on the incline.... ;) ;) ;)

Any more details would help us...like does it happen on a straight road etc

As you say "when I'm shifting from 3rd to 4th on any incline" is it only on a hill.... may be fuel starvation as your on the incline.... ;) ;) ;)

it has only happened once on a straight, but again this was a few 100 mtrs after an incline. any tips if it is fuel starvation? should i rev it up to 3000 rpm or so before changing gear?

it has only happened once on a straight, but again this was a few 100 mtrs after an incline. any tips if it is fuel starvation? should i rev it up to 3000 rpm or so before changing gear?

It sounds very much like the problem described here;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...3&hl=valves

I would make sure that the fuel filter has been changed first though.

Hope this helps

It sounds very much like the problem described here;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...3&hl=valves

I would make sure that the fuel filter has been changed first though.

Hope this helps

many thanks, will look into it!

If it is the SCV valves, they are £185.06 per set of 2 valves delivered to any UK address, maybe a tad more to Ireland

Kingo :thumbsup:

If it is the SCV valves, they are £185.06 per set of 2 valves delivered to any UK address, maybe a tad more to Ireland

Kingo :thumbsup:

many thanks, I'll talk to my mechanic (family friend) and mention it to him, and hopefully it'll save a lot of searching and trouble.

Tuzo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links