Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light On Start Up

DragonCruiser

Hello everyone, me again.

The LC is fine and in these winter conditions is proving every penny spent on it is worth it. Still noisey from start though, which leads me into my next query.

Does anyones 3.0 D4D oil pressure light on start up take 6 seconds to extinguish? :(

I have grown up reliant on this light giving me a brief idea of the engines condition, but this light seems to be too slow for comfort in switching itself off when started up from cold.

Being a Toyota I drive about with little care, but I want to keep the LC in A1 condition so any preventative work will done at the earliest opportunity.

Cheers everyone, and a Happy New Year

What oil filters are you using as some of the aftermarket ones do not have a anti drain valve, so that when you start up the filter has to fill which makes the light stay on longer.

What oil filters are you using as some of the aftermarket ones do not have a anti drain valve, so that when you start up the filter has to fill which makes the light stay on longer.

Andy,

thanks for the reply... I am not sure what filter is on at the moment, have only done 5k since bought from Toyota Approved.

I will be changing oil shortly and will keep your suggestion in mind.

Many thanks,

p.s. I can relate to the retriever as we have one and he is one of the reasons I have a TLC!

• 2 months later...

Well problem solved,

the bus has just been to my local Toyota Service Centre for a service - problem gone.

I wonder if it had something to do with the oil filter as previously mentioned - bit annoyed if it was an inferior filter as the last service was done by Toyota. But now the light is out in a second or two - incl. cold weather - she is quieter and back enjoying the countryside.

Also recently fitted it a full 'Hatchbag' for the dog, which in this weather comes highly recommended!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links