Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Costs

GreyRacer

This is a bit belated as my 180 was serviced in November. The 10,000 miler was £136.24 and this included the use of a courtesy car. They dropped it of for my wife at 0820, collected ours and returned it at 1600 nicely cleaned. No need to take it to the garage ourselves. Great customer care. The two problems that the car had were looked at. The auto lights would not switch off and the squeaky front passenger seat. Unfortunately the squeaking has returned at 12K. I've had a word with the service manager and will book it in again. Looking over my fuel receipts it looks like we averaged 39 mpg for the 10K. This is a good mixture of driving. M, A and B roads, high performance driving, and 10 short 6 milers a week where it hardly heats up at this time of year.

Good service there and glad nothing serious or mechanical was wrong.

Only issue i have is a bit of brake squeal but i'm sure they will sort that for me.

I've just started ringing round for prices for my 1st service as the 10k mark is only a few hundred miles away. I've been quoted a few different prices, highest was Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield and Sheffield at just over £150 and the cheapest was Ron Brooks in Ilkeston at £110 so the £130 odd for you t180 seems good. Has anyone else from the north midlands had theirs serviced yet?

Got a few niggles that have come out over the last few months that i'll get them to look at, just the usual stuff posted on here really, noisy brakes, especially when reversing, squeaky drivers seat, squeaky suspension when going over speed humps and the worst the rattling dash around the glove box.

I've got Toyota Service Plan Cover (or whatever it's called). I paid about Ł350 for three years service cover. I need to wait for my first check to see how does it really work and if it is any good.

Toyota Service....

I had my car serviced few weeks ago. Yesterday I opened the bonnet to check oil level and...plastic engine cover was broked and painted with glue :angry: It is not a big thing but looks nasty and makes me to think about how professional Toyota service is if they can not remove engine cover without trashing it..?

Toyota Service....

I had my car serviced few weeks ago. Yesterday I opened the bonnet to check oil level and...plastic engine cover was broked and painted with glue :angry: It is not a big thing but looks nasty and makes me to think about how professional Toyota service is if they can not remove engine cover without trashing it..?

Take your car back to the garage and get them to replace the cover. If they wont then inform Toyota GB of how your local centre damaged your cover then and tried to cover their tracks by gluing it back together and not telling you.

I am going to (just don't have the time now). It is not big thing but if I want to sell the car peple will ask questions about it for sure.

Thanks

BTW: I have just received Toyota Customer Satisfaction Survey in relation to that service undertaken by Toyota service. It came 5 minutes ago with post.

i wasn't offered the service plan as i brought mine as an ex-demo. that cover sounds bad news Gregp. i'd get back on to them like a shot. Sounds like a dealer where i used to take my vauxhall, they once charged me for a service and afterwards the oil was still balck as coal and a lot of other things hadn't been done. some franchised garages are just as dodgy as the back street one's.

some franchised garages are just as dodgy as the back street one's.

the job was done by Toyota Octagon Centre. That is why they sent me that review.

I know that franchised dealers can be dodgy. I used it ones for my VW as it was much cheaper and I regret that.

Some are, as are Solicitors, Estate Agents, ebayers etc etc etc..........Just don't tar us all with the same brush :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

aaa Kingo Toyota voice :)

I know that those dealers and "original" centres are two different things...but it doesn't alter the fact my car was serviced by Toyota. I used to work in a garage (long time ago) but I couldn't imagine trashing something in customer's car and putting it back (with glue or without).

I had some issues with my VW dealer but finally when they did the job was the highest standard- car washed and cleaned inside.

the job was done by Toyota Octagon Centre. That is why they sent me that review.

I know that franchised dealers can be dodgy. I used it ones for my VW as it was much cheaper and I regret that.

!Removed! hell, i brought my car from octagon in bracknell. i'm glad i live too far away to even think about taking it back for servicing.

This is a bit belated as my 180 was serviced in November. The 10,000 miler was £136.24 and this included the use of a courtesy car. They dropped it of for my wife at 0820, collected ours and returned it at 1600 nicely cleaned. No need to take it to the garage ourselves. Great customer care. The two problems that the car had were looked at. The auto lights would not switch off and the squeaky front passenger seat. Unfortunately the squeaking has returned at 12K. I've had a word with the service manager and will book it in again. Looking over my fuel receipts it looks like we averaged 39 mpg for the 10K. This is a good mixture of driving. M, A and B roads, high performance driving, and 10 short 6 milers a week where it hardly heats up at this time of year.

Sounds very cheap. My intermediate 10,000 service on my 2.0 D-4D cost £202 at Canterbury dealer on 18 January 2008. I bought the car as an ex demonstrator in August.I have also received by post today a 3 year Service Plan from the same dealer for next 3 years to 40,000 service at a total cost of £673.42. The on-line quote for 5 years is only £669, has anyone else had a similar experience with wide variation in prices?

Sounds very cheap. My intermediate 10,000 service on my 2.0 D-4D cost £202 at Canterbury dealer on 18 January 2008. I bought the car as an ex demonstrator in August.I have also received by post today a 3 year Service Plan from the same dealer for next 3 years to 40,000 service at a total cost of £673.42. The on-line quote for 5 years is only £669, has anyone else had a similar experience with wide variation in prices?

We generally are in rural Scotland compared with our cities and especially the heavily overcharged region of south east England where the cost of existing is far more.

Just had mine serviced at Ron Brooks Mansfield. Cost £115.17. Not a bad price looking at the rest of the posts.

Still having trouble with my 1.6 T Spirit using engine oil. Approx 3 to 4 litres per 6000 miles. All i get is keep monitoring it as Toyota say they will do nothing until its using more than 1 litre per 1000 miles. Not very happy about this, so have contacted consumer direct who advised me to write a formal letter requesting either a repair or replacement. Still ongoing!

my 2ltr d-4d has hardly used any oil in the best part of 10k miles which surprised me as i thought diesels did use a lot. my old car used to drink oil like yours suke. never found out why though :( that was a 1.2 vauxhall.

• 1 month later...

I brought my Auris from Toyot wolverhampton and they quoted the first service cost as £100, which I was quite surprised to hear. I did double check and was assured that it would be £100 for the first service at 10K miles.

I brought my Auris from Toyot wolverhampton and they quoted the first service cost as £100, which I was quite surprised to hear. I did double check and was assured that it would be £100 for the first service at 10K miles.

My wife has just had 10k service on her 1.6TR Auris and it cost £110.64.

• 4 months later...
I've just started ringing round for prices for my 1st service as the 10k mark is only a few hundred miles away. I've been quoted a few different prices, highest was Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield and Sheffield at just over £150 and the cheapest was Ron Brooks in Ilkeston at £110 so the £130 odd for you t180 seems good. Has anyone else from the north midlands had theirs serviced yet?

Got a few niggles that have come out over the last few months that i'll get them to look at, just the usual stuff posted on here really, noisy brakes, especially when reversing, squeaky drivers seat, squeaky suspension when going over speed humps and the worst the rattling dash around the glove box.

when do you hear those squeks? while putting the seat back and forth (adjusting) or when reclining the back?

thanks..

• 3 weeks later...

I have just gone to the 30k service , 158 quid from steven eagell toyota.

The service is excellent and I have just had a whole load of work completed under warranty ( which is not great for the reliability image of Toyota, but the service team where really helpfull and efficient...so overall i cannot complain)

It is the first time a car dealer has not tried to fob me off with some lousy excuse about "wear and tear", "no fault found" etc etc etc ...

I bought their ex-demo and while the initial purchase experience was not great , maybe I was being a bit pedantic about issues.

I am utterly impressed with this dealer, Steven eagell Toyota , Milton Keynes... 10/10 for service experience

The service is excellent and I have just had a whole load of work completed under warranty ( which is not great for the reliability image of Toyota, but the service team where really helpfull and efficient...so overall i cannot complain)

It is the first time a car dealer has not tried to fob me off with some lousy excuse about "wear and tear", "no fault found" etc etc etc ...

I bought their ex-demo and while the initial purchase experience was not great , maybe I was being a bit pedantic about issues.

I am utterly impressed with this dealer, Steven eagell Toyota , Milton Keynes... 10/10 for service experience

so us fellow owners can be aware, what sort of warranty work was undertaken?

As I'm over 9,000, got a quote from Charles Clarke of Wolverhampton today for Auris T180 10K service of £110 all in, so not too bad.

so us fellow owners can be aware, what sort of warranty work was undertaken?

Where do I start...

The innacurate Range reading and the fuel gauge not being very linear.... The range ...everytime it is full it indicated 245miles range... when i can normally achieve 400 every time... and the first block of the fuel gauge lasts around 100miles, the next 2 around 70 miles then the rest go off very quickly (30-40 miles...) The repair was a speedo replacement...which I am not sure how it is going to affect resale values, but then again the mileage I am putting on this thing it will be worth peanuts when I am finished with it...

The chrome on the gear knob peeling... Gearknob replaced.

The passenger sunvisor had a split around the surround of the vanity mirror... sunvisor replaced...

The foot rest plastic mat on driver side started to peel from the carpet... WHOLE carpet replaced!!! ( seats out, centre console out, etc...!!! :o )

Passenger seat creak ... creak greased...

BRake pedal Squeak when releasing... brake pedal stripped and greased...

They looked at the Air-Con which seems to always set itself to Re-circulation when the cabin is HOT ... ( so keeping the hot air recirculating in the cabin...) but not resolved... :unsure:

Wing mirror wind noise ( whistle) seems to be sorted...

This is the latest set of jobs...

aside from the 10 k service where the dash rattle and centre console rattle where sorted...

For the 40k service I already have a list of jobs thatcould do with sorting

Brake squeal ( But I might need replacement shortly...

Fuel Tank Slushing... I am not sure if they can sort this out, but it is really annoying as I am filling her up every 3.5 days

MP3 discs seem to start to skip in the last few weeks, I am monitoring this...( I have the 2 DIN NAVI unit...)

Dash rattle seems to be making a new appearance... I am monitoring this...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links