Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phase 1 And Phase 2 Yaris

phadge

T3 is Phase 2

The "T" range (excluding T-Sport) means they are Phase 2 models

T2, T3, T-Spirit etc

Before that they were called S, GS, GLS, CDX

Phase 2 is July 2003 onwards so is anything late 03 plate onwards. If its an 03 CDX it's Phase 1, if its an 03 T-Spirit it's Phase 2.

T-Sport is T-Sport across the phases but cosmetically they're different looking anyway. :thumbsup:

Just wondering. I have a 2004 T3 and dunno if it's phase 1 or phase 2. Anyone shed any light?

Thanks!

Physically, phase two had headlights with 'teardrop' fog lights, built in. Also, the roof ariel was 'removed' from the front and set on the back of the car's roof. The bumpers had mouldings set in them rather then just an option to fit some. The back lights became 'redder' with a slightly different pattern to the glass. Internally, the most obviouse differences was that the stereo control buttons became 'square' as opposed to oval/contoured and the vents became 'flaps' rather than 'dials' that you rotate or push up/down to stop/add ventilation. The rear seat can now slide forward from inside the boot, via a handle similar to an umberella handle, also, a light was added to the boot! Aside from other minor changes, including upholstery, there was also a fair amount of tinkering done with the engines, offering a modest rise in power, although this won't be noticable, from a visual point of veiw.

I think I have covered the main differences, although the first two will be noticable, 'at a glance', to most people.

Just wondering. I have a 2004 T3 and dunno if it's phase 1 or phase 2. Anyone shed any light?

Thanks!

Physically, phase two had headlights with 'teardrop' fog lights, built in. Also, the roof ariel was 'removed' from the front and set on the back of the car's roof. The bumpers had mouldings set in them rather then just an option to fit some. The back lights became 'redder' with a slightly different pattern to the glass. Internally, the most obviouse differences was that the stereo control buttons became 'square' as opposed to oval/contoured and the vents became 'flaps' rather than 'dials' that you rotate or push up/down to stop/add ventilation. The rear seat can now slide forward from inside the boot, via a handle similar to an umberella handle, also, a light was added to the boot! Aside from other minor changes, including upholstery, there was also a fair amount of tinkering done with the engines, offering a modest rise in power, although this won't be noticable, from a visual point of veiw.

I think I have covered the main differences, although the first two will be noticable, 'at a glance', to most people.

Toyota also took the opportunity to "stiffen up" the passenger compartment on the phase 2 :thumbsup:

We have a Phase 1 T-Sport 1.5 and a Phase 2 Blue 1.3, you can see a front view of them below:

11100_0623.jpg

I wouldnt say one phase is better than the other - the phase 2 is refined a bit and has a few changes, but underneath it all they are still Yarii!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links