Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Locking And Lights

Johan007

If the car is unlocked and I press the "lock" button on the remote, the lights flash letting me know it has locked.

If however I accidentally press the unlock button again the lights flash and I(wife) walks away leaving the car unlocked. Is this is normal or a fault?

Is this is normal or a fault?

The car unlocking when you push the unlock button? I'd put money on that being normal :D

If you mean staying unlocked when unattended, I'm not sure. My old Yaris used to relock itself if not opened up within a certain time of being unlocked. Not sure if that's the same case for the Auris.

No the actual locking mechanism works fine. Read my post again... The problem is the indicator lights go on even if you accidentally press the unlock button intending to lock it.

For example do this:

1. Leave your car unlocked.

2. Press the unlock button.

3. The indicator lights flash and that is wrong!!!! They should only flash if you press the lock button.

My celica's indicators flash twice when you unlock it. If you press unclock again whilst its unlocked, the indicators flash twice again and you can hear the car attemping to again unlock itself.

I'd say you car is normal.

...in that case I will have to live with it. My old Rover never did this ...but I guess they was using Honda bits to this :rolleyes:

It's not tough to live with. The solution would've been a couple of lines of programming code, but to be honest it's not needed. I prefer my car to tell me that I've pressed the button, that way I know the key is working properly!

Does the lock button on your key not have a small bump on it to distinguish it from the unlock button? It does on mine but i dont have a key i just have a fob as i have keyless entry/start.

As long as you remember to press the button with the bump on it the car will be locked every time.

I forgot to add earlier, if you press lock the lights flash once. If you press lock again the lights flash once more (this activates the deadlocks).

So

1 flash = lock (button with bump)

2 flashes = unlock (flat button)

This is not a Auris feature but the but of the alarm I have on it. In case by accident I do unlock the doors but don't open any door during 1 minute I think the alarm locks the car automatically. This is good in case what you described happens but as I said it's not a car feature this is a feature of the alarm that my dealer installed. I know of another alarm from the same brand that detects if someone is inside the car and if not he lock it automatically so u don't need to use the key and also adds the auto locking of doors feature when u place the key on the ignition, BUT! this alarm requires you to have the alarm specific remote control while the one I have is integrated with Toyota remote.

• 2 weeks later...

When the car is locked:

If you press UNLOCK button, it flashes TWICE.

If you press LOCK button, it flashes ONCE.

When the car is unlocked:

If you press UNLOCK button, it flashes TWICE just like when the car is locked.

If you press LOCK button, it flashes ONCE, again, just like when the car is locked.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links