Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2002 Model

bruce1944

Hi Bruce

The car does have one (two actually) but they are a swine to get to.

Firstly locate the clutch pedal (head down kneeling by the door was easiest for me)

Then put your hand on the carpet to the left of the clutch pedal (above the foot rest)and go up till you reach the edge of the carpet.

Next gently ease the carpet out towards you, exposing the back of the cental console / behind the ashtray.

Now you will see a grey plastic strip, about 8 inches high, and about a quater of an inch across. In the middle of this is a protruding tab which you should pull towards you.

This pulls out the first filter.

The second filter rests on top of this, and drops down when the first filter comes out.

Now when you put the filters back (after cleaning) you have to push the second filter in, then push it up, then hold it there while you slide the first filter in (it slides into fairly tight grooves).

This is an absolute pig of a job

Best of luck !

Cheers

Buzlby

Wow,

Is nothing easy on this car??

I recently changed all my headlights and fogs to these new high performance ones, and wow, what a job that was too.

Do these pollen filters need cleaning/changing often? How often?

Should this be included in my yearly service? And so already done?

Thank You!

PS. Saying that at least on this car it is possible to change the lights, on my friends Golf Mk 4 you can't do it without some kind of special screwdriver tool, and the manual tells you not to attempt it!! Or at least that's what he told me, I suspect he just doesn't trust himself to do it and so claims he can't!!

:D Ben N 74 :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links