Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water System Leak - Radweld?

Mrdoody

This sounds like a really dumb question I know but I wasn't completely sure. I have a leak somewhere on my water system. I bought some radweld sealant that you pour into the radiator to seal any leaks. I checked that there were no warnings about using it with this type of car and there weren't any so I went ahead and used it.

I'm worried that it might do something to the engine or system cos this water system is slightly different than my older cars.

With my older cars the top up water tank had a sealed lid that copes with pressure from hot water. However on my vectra, the header water top up tank has a simple clip closed lid that doesn't even screw on. Does this mean it doesn't get hot and have any pressure??? Could that effect using radweld cos the bit left over after my radiator was full, I poured in the top up header tank thing.

After I drove in it I checked to make sure that all was ok, I could see a kind of film or jelly settled in the bottom of the header water tank. Obviously radweld is red so the water in that header tank is red too but I could see it at the bottom.

Any help or info would be appreciated, if only to put my mind at rest or warn of what could happen maybe?

Radweld is pretty much safe in all car radiators but you should bear in mind that it only effects a repair on a temporary basis despite advertising otherwise. I would advise you to find the source of the leak and replace any defective parts of the cooling system ASAP.

TeyaDog

Soz for any confusion in my topic starter post above 'but one', I meant my Avensis not my Vectra, I got rid of my Vectra thank god at the strike of new year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links