Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

97 Carina E Sli Leanburn

madder

Just bought this car. It's a saloon. There are some very minor issues such as Driver side back door needs to be slammed to close properly. Passenger side, back door has the child lock on it and it won't unlock even when you move the lock to open. Then the clip for opening the bonnet needs to be held up by one person while another person opens the bonnet. Not sure if the problem is under bonnet or on clip but I'd guess it's on clip. That's more or less it. I know the engine warning light is permanently on. Don't know why. But it's been like that for years( I know the guy I bought it off) and is just an electrical fault.

The Car is due to be NCT tested in APril and I'm wondering if any of these things would fail it? I guess they are probably all fixable and cheaply fixable too?

Just bought this car. It's a saloon. There are some very minor issues such as Driver side back door needs to be slammed to close properly. Passenger side, back door has the child lock on it and it won't unlock even when you move the lock to open. Then the clip for opening the bonnet needs to be held up by one person while another person opens the bonnet. Not sure if the problem is under bonnet or on clip but I'd guess it's on clip. That's more or less it. I know the engine warning light is permanently on. Don't know why. But it's been like that for years( I know the guy I bought it off) and is just an electrical fault.

The Car is due to be NCT tested in APril and I'm wondering if any of these things would fail it? I guess they are probably all fixable and cheaply fixable too?

hello

your carina will fail nct on all of the above,the biggest expense will be getting the engine management light off,sounds like a "lean burn sensor" went wrong in all the lean burn carinas,not cheap,you will have to buy new

best of luck

p.s

hope you bought it cheap

hello

the engine warning light can also be ON as fault of cat converter. i have experienced the same problem once purchased the car. but after have changed cat convertor this light has disapeared.

be careful/cheers/igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links