Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Style Pack

Mc Tavish

Mc Tavish...looks nice...and nice colour BLUE as well

Also just one thing ;) ;) Is that Bothy in you Avatar....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mc Tavish

• JKV

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

As you can see it looks no too bad now after being back to uncle arnold for the second time however the gap on the internal edge of the under run guard is the prob it is supposed to be flush and butt up against black wrap round bit of bumper but still is not and shows about 10-12 mm gap so the only solution i can see is that they elongate the holes already there which would allow the bumper to move slightly inwards and close the gap .All totaled this is because of the fitting of the nudge bar over the top of the existing guard and drilling of the holes in the wrong place!!!!! SO BEWARE ANY XTR OWNER THINKING OF A NUDGE BAR

Im wondering whether the gap is because of the first fitment issue when they fitted the bumper over the original XTR lower garnish/valance/protector??

As they fitted it over this lower chrome XTR protector it would have pushed nudge bar out further on both sides as the ORIGINAL XTR garnish is slightly larger....as this is the reason why Toyota state that the nudge bar doesnt fit the New XTR! :blink:

Think you may be right will put all these suggestions to service manager later on today but can see where this is heading at speed ...... off to toyota customer services!!!! but have to give uncle arnold a chance to do somthing about it .............sorry another chance will let you know how i get on anyways more photos to follow and as far as the avatar i dont know who the mighty groover is but SHAKE THAT BOOTY BABY......!!!!!!!!!looks like he's going for the high score..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

References to the "village idiot" and a smily happy American boy are a wholly inaccurate description of me and i deeply resent that remark/s.

I am the only certified catholic in the village who is disabled mentally and physically. With an IQ of over 150, measured whilst I was drunk, then I like to think myself as an over intelligent, anti-social mentally ill, restricted physical manoeuvring racist who revels when Scotlands rugby team beats England RU team...especially when the Scottish team is exceptionally dire. The fact that I did 10 years of my formative years in England may have something to do with that - from age 5 to 15. During that time I was bullied and called names too....

And as for fitting the nudge bars - they are a complete waste of time - if they can't be used for said nudging without interrupting the bonnet line and cracking the bumper, then what's the point? My original bull bar has been used for nudging etc - like pushing one of my other vehicles out of trouble. The new under bumper plate must do wonders for the aerodynamics - emulating other 4x4s perhaps? Chance of the plate ever getting used or needed are nil!

Now I'll wait for the storm.... :P

You're too smart for me to refer to you as village idiot and besides I know if you were going to fit me a front fender you would cut off the first 3 feet of a series 3 LR and weld that to the front of my car so you wouldn't get the job :thumbsup:

Anyway smiley boy does look like he's been drinking nitrous - who's taught him that?

Just had another look at this and I fear I have given JKV some duff information :eek:

JKV. I did say the bumper was different from Jan onwards. That is still true, but I clearly dont know what year I'm in. It is different from JAN07 and not JAN08, so, the bumper is the same as last years XTR, it is just this under run thingy that is causing the issue. If you remove it, I think you will find the nudge bar will fit it

Sorry for any confusion, it's easy at my age :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just spoke with Toyota Customer relations and was told that they would not authorise the XTR garnish removal and the nudge bar neing fitted!

I stressed to Toyota GB that their website continues to advertise the fact that the Style pack with front guard protector is an option for the New 2008 XTR, and is thus misleading to one and all.

I was then advised that IF Jemca Toyota removed said garnish it would be their responsibility/discretion. However, Toyota GB would not authorise Jemca to do so.

TBH its not the fault of the salesperson as the Dealership weren't putting on the accessories, rather it was Toyota GB.

Toyota Customer relations would only sanction, obtaining a discount on another part if I so wished, but is up to the discretion of the dealership. Ah well, no nudge bar for me..... :(

Think you may be right will put all these suggestions to service manager later on today but can see where this is heading at speed ...... off to toyota customer services!!!! but have to give uncle arnold a chance to do somthing about it .............sorry another chance will let you know how i get on anyways more photos to follow and as far as the avatar i dont know who the mighty groover is but SHAKE THAT BOOTY BABY......!!!!!!!!!looks like he's going for the high score..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just off phone from Uncle Arnold and its off to the garage this Saturday for another looki see , spoke at length to service manager who seemed to know nothing about the issues about XTR style pack other than "not an option " as previously posted, however was at a total loss when it was still available online!!!! He did ask where i was getting my info from ;) think he was surprised that i knew just a little bit more than he did....! (Thanks to everyone who posted here :thumbsup: )anyways I'M WAS SAYING NOWT MY LIPS WERE SEALED even when he shone a torch into my eyes down the phone line :D Long story short back to garage for some more head scratching and pointing and hopefully a resolution to this :thumbsup: Ohh he did say he was going to phone toyota to ask what was going on!!!

:wacko: GOOD LUCK M8Y :wacko:

McTavish :thumbsup:

Hi Folks

Today we picked our long awaited blue XTR D4D with the style pack :yahoo: and after much oooohhhing and aaaaaahhhhhing we brought our new purchase home now on closer inspection it looks as if the front nudge bar is not exactly sitting right it looks as if its being slightly twisted and is sitting further of bumper on one side? its hard to describe so if anyone out there has any ideas or even better any photos of thiers it would be great. I was told that there was a new style kit for XTR but they fitted the original one as per brochure.........??????? I was also told that there may be an issue because of new front under run plate.......... ??? I'm probably just being pernickety but now is the time to shout. Any help or ideas wud be good

McTavish

Can I ask whether the style pack was fitted by the dealer or at the Toyota "Factory" on the south coast. My experience is that when my XT-r was ordered all the add ons were fitted at Yoyota's factory at the port of entry.I understand that every thing is assembled there even the seats! I would hope that they would have enough experience to be able to do these jobs with thir eyes closed.I wonder if the faulty fitting was down to the inexperience of the local dealer?

Hi Folks

Today we picked our long awaited blue XTR D4D with the style pack :yahoo: and after much oooohhhing and aaaaaahhhhhing we brought our new purchase home now on closer inspection it looks as if the front nudge bar is not exactly sitting right it looks as if its being slightly twisted and is sitting further of bumper on one side? its hard to describe so if anyone out there has any ideas or even better any photos of thiers it would be great. I was told that there was a new style kit for XTR but they fitted the original one as per brochure.........??????? I was also told that there may be an issue because of new front under run plate.......... ??? I'm probably just being pernickety but now is the time to shout. Any help or ideas wud be good

McTavish

Can I ask whether the style pack was fitted by the dealer or at the Toyota "Factory" on the south coast. My experience is that when my XT-r was ordered all the add ons were fitted at Yoyota's factory at the port of entry.I understand that every thing is assembled there even the seats! I would hope that they would have enough experience to be able to do these jobs with thir eyes closed.I wonder if the faulty fitting was down to the inexperience of the local dealer?

Yep you guessed it ,the style pack was fitted at Uncle Arnolds...... did ask why the kit wasn't fitted at port of entry and it would appear that it's more cost effective...!!! to who i hear you ask .. not me it would cost £650 whoever fitted it...! and its costin me to travel backwards and forwards to try and get this fixed DIESEL'S NO CHEAP YE KEN :ffs: .I think theres room for some negotiation there wat u think?

I was going to say that Uncle Arnold has your dosh and wants to see less of you so he may not be too welcoming.

Then I remembered that this time I did not go to Arnie,but used local dealer instead, BIG mistake. I have an ongoing

dispute about road tax, and if I cant get to speak to someone at director level tomorrow after having tried a few times

I am going to trading standards and Toyota , and I'm going to name and shame them on here. :angry:

I was going to say that Uncle Arnold has your dosh and wants to see less of you so he may not be too welcoming.

Then I remembered that this time I did not go to Arnie,but used local dealer instead, BIG mistake. I have an ongoing

dispute about road tax, and if I cant get to speak to someone at director level tomorrow after having tried a few times

I am going to trading standards and Toyota , and I'm going to name and shame them on here. :angry:

Can't say too much about Arnie he's trying (very) his hardest to fix this but its amazing how things start to move faster when you start using bigger words to people further up tree!!!! So good luck with your mission Mr Felps........ should you decide to accept it...........this message....will............ :blowup: too late

Hi Folks

McTavish

Yep you guessed it ,the style pack was fitted at Uncle Arnolds...... did ask why the kit wasn't fitted at port of entry and it would appear that it's more cost effective...!!! to who i hear you ask .. not me it would cost £650 whoever fitted it...! and its costin me to travel backwards and forwards to try and get this fixed DIESEL'S NO CHEAP YE KEN :ffs: .I think theres room for some negotiation there wat u think?

Hi Folks

McTavish

paulmel

Just hit fast reply at the bottom ;)

Hi Folks

McTavish

Sorry but I have been told differently regarding the fitting prices on the Style pack.

When I ordered my Rav (which I get on Monday !!!!) I wasn't asked about any add-ons. 2 weeks later, 1 week before collection I deceided I wanted the Style pack. IF I had ordered it at the same time as my order for the car then,YES, it would have cost £650. NOW I'm told that if I want the Style pack I will have to pay £650 PLUS labour charges for dealer to fit it.

I would imagine that will add a couple of hundred to the final bill. But I know that I can get the bits, from a previous thread, from Kingo for a couple of hundred CHEAPER. Therefore, in my case I feel I'm being charged TWICE for the labour for fitting. Or am I being unfair?

An oversight/ genuine mistake on my behalf is going to cost me dear so I think Kingo will be getting my order in the vert near future !!

I've just done a "build your car" on the TGB website and for the XTR it comes up with "Style Pack" as quote - Stand apart from the crowd and make a bold statement with a front guard, side steps and front and rear scuff plates.

The price is £650. This suggests that it is fitted at the import centre as they would not fit the normal under-run guard thus allowing the front guard and special under-run guard to be fitted. They also fit the add-on blue tooth there as part of the XTR package. Once it gets to the dealers they would have to fit it and I suppose they are going to want some dosh for doing it. Don't forget this includes side steps and scuff plates so it will be dearer than kingos original price for just the front guard kit.

All of the instructions are available and you can get the total prices from kingo. You can fit them yourself and avoid them cobbling things up by fitting one under-run guard over the other.

Hi Folks

McTavish

Sorry but I have been told differently regarding the fitting prices on the Style pack.

When I ordered my Rav (which I get on Monday !!!!) I wasn't asked about any add-ons. 2 weeks later, 1 week before collection I deceided I wanted the Style pack. IF I had ordered it at the same time as my order for the car then,YES, it would have cost £650. NOW I'm told that if I want the Style pack I will have to pay £650 PLUS labour charges for dealer to fit it.

I would imagine that will add a couple of hundred to the final bill. But I know that I can get the bits, from a previous thread, from Kingo for a couple of hundred CHEAPER. Therefore, in my case I feel I'm being charged TWICE for the labour for fitting. Or am I being unfair?

An oversight/ genuine mistake on my behalf is going to cost me dear so I think Kingo will be getting my order in the vert near future !!

You Sir are being Right Royaly Pumped...! :angry: by your dealer i would think the fact he has got your buisness would be reason enough for him to fit the style pack for nowt if youre prepared to part with £650 and i think you should remind him that you have not taken delivery of car yet and you could get as good a deal elsewhere!! in the nicest possible way remembering chances are that you might have to go back to them if anything goes wrong! (not burning your bridges just yet!) however you should force his hand regarding this and see what happens

Is that how you do it - I was wondering! (Fast Reply)

Don't muck about - Uncle Arnies' a shocker

Is it Sheeeelds? I used them fur parts - helpful but clueless so i use Kingo as he sends the stuff afore you order it.

Here is how it all works

Option 1 Customer orders car, and wants a style pack, £650 is addedd to cost of car, IE 20,000 + 650 = £20650

For arguments sake, the dealer cost price for the style pack is £550, dealer makes £100, Parts are fitted at what we call "Port of Entry" department

Option 2 Customer orders car, is not offered or doesnt take up style pack, car is 20,000 THEN after the car is ordered and at a later date, customer decides to buy a style pack, pack is still £650 plus £20,000 = £20650 THE SAME PRICE, however, the style pack costs more for the dealer to buy in and fit himself, for arguments sake, the pack costs £600, therefore a "Potential" loss of £50 profit

We will always order the car with a style pack fitted as it costs us less in real terms UNLESS ordering it with a pack delays the registration and delivery to the customer. We might need to register that car in a particular month, or the customer "Must" have the car within a week, that sort of thing, as getting the pack fitted at POE adds a week or two to delivery schedules

Kingo :thumbsup:

Is it Sheeeelds? I used them fur parts - helpful but clueless so i use Kingo as he sends the stuff afore you order it.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Nae bother - petrol required for door hinges of the showroom

In relation to my recent post about scuff plates .....(thanks for the reply and info Kingo :thumbsup: ) just before i start shouting i had to get facts right... i was so pre occupied with the nudge bar and how badly it was fitted i have just noticed that the scuff plates that are part of the "style pack" have not been fitted...!!!!!! This whole style pack thing has been a total disaster from the word... go.. and it is abundantly clear that Uncle Arnold doesn't know what he's doing. I am going on Saturday for them to take another look at the nudge bar so will drop that bomb then...but don't know if i'll be able to contain myself and i fear a wee swear word or two will slip out :mad2: . Just about had enough of them and i think a phone call to Toyota is in order

McTavish (trying to remain calm) :blowup:

In relation to my recent post about scuff plates .....(thanks for the reply and info Kingo :thumbsup: ) just before i start shouting i had to get facts right... i was so pre occupied with the nudge bar and how badly it was fitted i have just noticed that the scuff plates that are part of the "style pack" have not been fitted...!!!!!! This whole style pack thing has been a total disaster from the word... go.. and it is abundantly clear that Uncle Arnold doesn't know what he's doing. I am going on Saturday for them to take another look at the nudge bar so will drop that bomb then...but don't know if i'll be able to contain myself and i fear a wee swear word or two will slip out :mad2: . Just about had enough of them and i think a phone call to Toyota is in order

McTavish (trying to remain calm) :blowup:

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links