Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Control

ajcluck

hey all, i have my car booked into the garage on sat, and i have just been told that they cant supply the boost unit, so i really need one for friday, what is the best one to buy on a budget, and that will offer next day delivery?

try eBay . this one isnt bad but its if it comes in time (item 290219027027)

cheers for getting back to me, its now goin to be here in time. fensport have a few, ranging from £210 to £500, what is the difference? they will also do next day delivery?

managed to get a blitz boost controller from fensport for £250, then decided to treat myself to an hks dumpvalve!

ye i am getting the boost uprated to 1.2bar and the dumpvalve fitted. i have a fmic on the way, and once i get my travelling expenses back from the tax man i will be buying forged pistons, rods and a new gearbox

ye i am getting the boost uprated to 1.2bar and the dumpvalve fitted. i have a fmic on the way, and once i get my travelling expenses back from the tax man i will be buying forged pistons, rods and a new gearbox

wouldnt out it to 1.2 bar mate!! 1.1 is safe for a standard car. would up the boost to 1.2 when u have the forged pistons. why are u going to a garage to get a boost controller fitted and a dump valve. i havent fitted a boost controller myself but was under the inpression that it wasnt that hard as for the dump valve, its a gift. there is guides on the gt four owners club www.gt4oc.net get a 60 day free trail.

is there something wrong with ur gear box?

1.1 it is then, will it still make a big difference in performance? i have a stupid set up at the mo, it sits at .5bar until bout 5000rpm then goes on to full boost after that! the reason i am gettin a garage to do the work is because i no for a fact if i do it i will balls it up! and they are only charging me £50 to do it and the dumpvalve for free. ye i think the syncro is on its way out, i adjusted the bittin point as it was to low, which helped, but i thought if the engine is out for the pistons etc. i would be as well replacing it because its only got a few thousand miles left i think.

1.1 it is then, will it still make a big difference in performance? i have a stupid set up at the mo, it sits at .5bar until bout 5000rpm then goes on to full boost after that! the reason i am gettin a garage to do the work is because i no for a fact if i do it i will balls it up! and they are only charging me £50 to do it and the dumpvalve for free. ye i think the syncro is on its way out, i adjusted the bittin point as it was to low, which helped, but i thought if the engine is out for the pistons etc. i would be as well replacing it because its only got a few thousand miles left i think.

well i suppose 50 quid cant b bad to save u the hassel. i take it u have a boost gauge then? that doesnt sound right to me .5 bar does it boost all the way to .9 bar (think thats standard) what modifications have u had done.

is it just that ur finding it hard to get in2 gear? u got enough oil in it?

ye it goes all the way to what looks like about .8bar but its done in stages which is pretty annoying. it has a 3" aussie down pipe with a full stainless blitz nur spec and an hks induction kit. away to check the oil on sat. it is as smooth as u like until u start to push it high into the powerband, then it 'sumtimes' struggles to get into and out of gear. thinking the bitting point might still be a bit low?! ye i managed to get a blitz controller from fensport for £250, and seein as the credit card was out i decided to purchase the hks dumpvalve.

lol. save the money on the FMIC, the std CC setup will be fine (i was running 380bhp on mine) plus you save yourself the hassle of the error code 54 due to the pump being missing. with the mods you already have you should be looking around the 300-320bhp mark. quite a lot of gt4s have the same gearbox issue, change the gear oil and make sure its 75w90 GL5 spec synthetic. should be ok then.

ahh was unaware of that, will do in the mean time, looking at gettin serious mods wen i get my money back of the tax man tho, i take it u would suggest a fmic then? so wot do u suggest is the next mod i do before i have to get my pistons etc? ye changed the oil not that long ago, there was no bits of metal in the old oil so no signs of grindin!

ahh was unaware of that, will do in the mean time, looking at gettin serious mods wen i get my money back of the tax man tho, i take it u would suggest a fmic then? so wot do u suggest is the next mod i do before i have to get my pistons etc? ye changed the oil not that long ago, there was no bits of metal in the old oil so no signs of grindin!

HKS dump valve? i dont rate these to highly but its all about taste. i like a LOUD dump valve and the blitz does it wonderfully. Ive drove a few with hks dump valves and they are a gud bit quieter. if you are looking for serious power i would go for the forged pistons and rods, and while thats off then get a few other things done, take a look at whats available on fensport. thicker head gasket, larger injectors, fuel rain etc once u have sorted that out u will need to get it mapped to deal with all the new gear. but if ur looking at about the 400 bhp mark a front mounted intercooler will be needed. i think they give better pull in low revs too. join www.gt4oc.net and there are pleant of guys on there that will be able to help you with what mods to go for

ye i no what you mean i love the really loud dumpvalves, but i had a test drive in a evo 5 that had an hks dumpvale and i just fell in love with the noise, as its quite unique. wot bhp can the stock pistons and rods handle?

pistons are good for 320-330 but only with a good map there are cars running 400 but more by luck than judgement they WILL break. rods upto 450 but depends on use (road car should be ok, track or drag maybe not) the rolla was running 470 for about 8mths before a rod let go!.

you have about all the mods you can before forging it to be fair but you could maybe go for a water injection kit to add a margin of safety.

to be honest i wouldn't be modifying a car that looks like it has problems, Marc at the garage will probably be of the same mind set if you mention your problems to him although it may increase the amount you'll be paying him depending on if he has time to check it out.

do you really need to uprate the fuel rail on a 205? i was under the impression that they were good for upto and over 800's :S

i would offer my services however i am due to get married in June and have been told if i take on another car i'll be going to the alter myself lol feel free to ask any questions you've got tho, someone on here will be able to answer them for you :D

cheers lads. i think the engine itself is sound, no unusual noises knocks etc, the gearbox is ok, but i just thought if the engine is out then it would save me payin for it to be removed again. i have had a look at a few mapping systems and its all a bit scary, i like the cheapness of a piggy-back system but would that restric me from add ons like water injectors? there is a place in arbroath called checkpoint, they are really helpful lads and they are currently mappin an evo that has 1200bhp, how much should i be thinking about paying for such a mod?

there are lots of little mods before you get to big power. preparing is they key like these guys said a good wideband would be useful aswell to see if its leaning off as this can be very very bad for the engine i would suggest the lc1. money well spent imo. also would invest in a tubular manifold i have just bought one cheap as chips £100 which is redicously cheap for a turbo manifold my mates integrale was £800 if i remember correctly also going to stick with charge cooler after i buy new pistons then get rid i think but like these guys said when tax man gives you money back make sure the car wont run lean most importantly! an fmic will bring ur charge temps down which will make it run a bit richer which may help in the short term but bigger power you should have new injectors definatly. the standard ones would probably be working at 99% duty after a few mods and a bit more boost i should expect. i did not know about the error code tho for charge cooler pump? can this be overriden? does it set the car in any sort of limp mode or just produce the engine managment light?

U can bridge the sensor for the pump as far as i know and yes error code 54 does make it run in "safe" mode

the stock rail needs modding for over 400 but mine is struggling at 470 with 850cc injectors. go top feed (wider selection of injectors available).

there is a fix for the CC pump but dont think its bridging it as the ecu knows whether its connected and if its running!

i have the innovate wideband, super bit of kit (about £300) like this one but only one sensorclick

one of the best EMS is the nemisis hydra here wish i hadnt got the MoTec in mine as id have one tomorrow. better spec than MoTec and cheaper

if your looking at piggy backs ask Marc about the E-Manage Ultimate, great piece of kit and loads of functions. and has outputs that you could use for water injection but TBH i wouldn't want water injection untill the car was over the 500bhp mark as it's really not needed if the car is moddified properly. i can fit and map the ultimate but not untill after June ;)

Tubular manifolds are not a good investment last i heard, my mate bought one and the inner diameter was smaller than the standard unit!!!!

the fact that yours is a 205 means that you don't have as much of a worry with fueling, you can reach 330bhp with it almost completely standard, although that is the uppermost power you could expect before things start to wear out quickly and fail. a wide band is a good investment but to be honest unless your fitting an engine management there is little need as otherthings will kill your engine before running lean as it's a toyota lol

would really like to see the spec of the 1200bhp evo, sounds impressive

cheers, i think i will have to take u up on that offer after june, hope i have all the internals done by then. i just spent the nite fitting my hks dv. oh my god, it sounds amazin,now i want to give up being an accountant and become a mechanic, really enjoyed fartin about under the bonnet! :D well i am going to the garage on sat and will get more info on it, hopefully a web page or some pics!

your best keeping mechanics as a hobby or else your own car starts to get left behind lol i'm only a weekend mechanic as by day i make drugs for clinical trials, keeps the pennys coming in and something to look forwards to at the weekends, the car and the family ofcorse ;) lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links