Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remove Front Passenger Seat?

SilverWolf

Has anyone taken out their front passenger seat?

I'm assuming it's a matter of undoing the 4 bolt's and disconnecting the cable underneath (for the seatbelt warning).

correct if it's a 4.2 rav 4 since i did this a couple times. you need spanner 14.

Seat.jpg

Good memory on the spanner size bt!

I did it on my 4.1.

Then re-carpeted the whole thing. The gearbox/prop tunnel bolt hole is a bit awkward to find the hole again - otherwise easy.

Good to hear (I forgot to mention it was a 4.2)

It's only so I can get a few doors into the back and save on B&Q's delivery charges!

The seat will be going straight back in there after that :D

Hi Silverwolf, I hear where you are going with this - what I have done in this situation with my RAV 4.2 is slide the passenger seat fully forward and then drop the backrest. That - I think - will give you a load space in the front nearly as low as the back and let you get your gear in.

This is the way I did it when bringing back a load from IKEA - worth a shot if you haven't tried it already :thumbsup:

Tie the neighbours wife to the roof, ensuring she/he has long arms, and pay them to hold onto the doors as you drive home.

Has anyone taken out their front passenger seat?

I'm assuming it's a matter of undoing the 4 bolt's and disconnecting the cable underneath (for the seatbelt warning).

Just as AM has posted with the removal instructions really - unless the Rav4 has seats airbags. When you disconnect the airbag and turn the ignition on you will get a light on the dash and a fault code stored.

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links