Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4d Chip

PinkMinkee

chipped the rav last week, wasnt a particularly easy job as the cr sensor was in the worst place possible on the common rail. and the gap we needed to get into was only just big enough to squeeze ya hand in let alone fiddle around trying to disconnect the connection (the clip is underneath the damn thing)

anyway, an hour later its all sorted and boy what a difference both in performance and fuel economy. it drives like a petrol engine and the torque is wickedly powerful, and we managed 200 miles on just under half a tank of diesel, we reckoned on saving about tenner on what we would usually spend............next trip, in June, is to london, followed by a trip to bromsgrove so will be interesting to see how well it goes then :)

definately well worth the £99 me OH spent :)

Good stuff Jan, thats gonna get the 4.2 boys thinking :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Ye mean ye get acceleration oot the dieselly motor now! Weel done! Careful but, cos Bromsgrove is all up hill and ye might hae tae use red diesel if the strike continues - an ah can telt ye that red diesel an chips disnae go the gither...............................

Lewis Hamilton is of course descended frae this area o Hamiltons - being many o the estates aroon here are owned by the Dook o Hamilton. Wur man is daein well!

Years ago wan o ma relatives - Precious MacKenzie wis a weight lifter in the Commonwealth Games an did weel tae.

Dinna gae o'er board wi yer chip but. Its ony a dieselly engine so ye cannae stretch it beyond its balance capabilities- Oh ye - a dieselly oan 7000rpm ah dinna think.

Full marks fur trying. Come alany tae warrington an try oot a reel motor!

definately well worth the £99 me OH spent :)

£99 quid........ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tell us more tell us more go on tell us more..... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

thinking about getting my rav chipped, been reading up on this and cant see any problems . and the only thing that put me of was the price , any think from £299 - £400 , so how and why have you only paid £99 , if you can get me one for £99 i will have one , and i think chatman wont be far behind me ( i have ask first chatman :thumbsup: ) . and im only 15 mins from bromgrove , you could even fit it for me been as you no how to know , lol.

looking forward to your replys on this one

and i think chatman wont be far behind me ( i have ask first chatman :thumbsup: ) . and im only 15 mins from bromgrove , you could even fit it for me been as you no how to know , lol.

looking forward to your replys on this one

Yea but the journey back will be 10 mins :driving: :driving:

Must get that new speed camera update for my TomTom now :g: :g: :g:

This is where pinkies other half gets rumbled!!!

Ye'll get the same effect by chucking the 2 rear doors awa an it'll cost ye nothing! :yahoo:

Ye'll get the same effect by chucking the 2 rear doors awa an it'll cost ye nothing! :yahoo:

No way....We can use them as crude air brakes.......If McLaren SLR can Toyota can too.........

No way....We can use them as crude air brakes.......If McLaren SLR can Toyota can too.........

LATEST NEWS

Scrap steel prices mean doors are worth £30 each!

gutted no £99 chips then , lol so any one now where to get a chip with out paying £400 ,

She's gone into hibernation. Try sending her a pm.

lol ya like vultures you lot, heres the link to the egay shop we got it from ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=006

!Removed! HELL think i need chatmans help on this cause he has the same car as me ( i think ) , what lead do i need to order cause i aint got a clue ,

and thanks very much PinkMinkee :thumbsup:

its made in germany and comes with a 2 year guarantee.....me oh reckons its a copy of a van arken chip :)

we have a 1/4 tank of diesel left and have covered 530 miles of both motorway and town driving...good eh :)

!Removed! HELL think i need chatmans help on this cause he has the same car as me ( i think ) , what lead do i need to order cause i aint got a clue ,

You apparently tell them your model details after winning the bid;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Diesel-Tuning-Chip-T...1742.m153.l1262

At that price I might try one myself!

You apparently tell them your model details after winning the bid;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Diesel-Tuning-Chip-T...1742.m153.l1262

At that price I might try one myself!

like to see what the rest of you think on here , mind you if anchorman says yes it must be worth a ton :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Please let us know at the end of the auction the exact model of Toyota you require this system for.

We will need the following details:

- Model I NO THAT

- Year of Manufacturer I NO THAT

- Engine Size I NO THAT

- BHP/PS BUT WHAT IS THIS ON MY RAV, AND CAN I FIND THIS ON MY LOG BOOK

Please let us know at the end of the auction the exact model of Toyota you require this system for.

- Model I NO THAT

- Engine Size I NO THAT

SORRY FOLKS IS THIS IT 136

SO2.2 D4D 136 310 163 348

- Model I NO THAT

- Engine Size I NO THAT

SORRY FOLKS IS THIS IT 136

SO2.2 D4D 136 310 163 348

Its this one in here;

2.0 D4D 116 BHP

http://www.carperformancepartsuk.com/shop/...uning-Chip.html

Before you do anything see my pm to you.

Your power/torque increase is more like 20% where as the 2.2 works out at roughly 13%.

"Made In Germany With OEM Plugs - Not A Cheap Replica!" It says.

Well the car connecting ends would have to be I suppose, but the connector to the box looks like one of those highly reliable :rolleyes: and widely used under bonnet by VMs (not!) 9 pin D connectors - i.e. like a PC serial port. :rolleyes:. I could be mistaken of course.

Surely they could have found a more suitable automotive connector.

Would be interesting to know, exactly where and to what this box is connecting.

"Made In Germany With OEM Plugs - Not A Cheap Replica!" It says.

Well the car connecting ends would have to be I suppose, but the connector to the box looks like one of those highly reliable :rolleyes: and widely used under bonnet by VMs (not!) 9 pin D connectors - i.e. like a PC serial port. :rolleyes:. I could be mistaken of course.

Surely they could have found a more suitable automotive connector.

Would be interesting to know, exactly where and to what this box is connecting.

This unit has just 2 leads you unplug the oem connector on the common rail, plug 1lead into that,then the other lead from the chip connects to the lead you have just disconnected..on 4.3 you could fit in literally 5mins..on 4.2 because of position of connector it is virtualy impossible to get to and i take my hat off to whoever fitted (Jans)? :unsure:

fitting instructions spot on LH and ya can take your hat off to me and me oh then cos we fitted it ourselves.....it was a mare of a job and took an hour, but so far defo worth it. My oh has been modifying cars for years (rightly assisted by me). He knows a good deal when he sees one and he isn't a newbie to Toyota's (previously owning a twin turbo supra), but he has said that this was one of the hardest things to fit due to where the connector is located........you defo need 2 pairs of hands, something vaguely resembling a hook ;) and a screwdriver..........what makes the job even harder still is that the connector clip is located UNDER the connector so ya cant even poke summat down thro the small gap and push the clip in (if ya see what i mean) to slide the connector off............that was the bit that took the most time and 2 people to crack :)

me oh aint one to be defeated by anything like this so i knew he would do it no matter how long it took :) one thing i was surpised at was that he didnt swear as much as he usually does, in fact not at all lol.

130 bhp after chips?? At a cost of £99 !!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Gies a break.

I'll buy ye a bag o chips fur £1.20 that'll give ye more enjoyment!

we're not particularly bothered how much extra bhp we get, the fact of the matter is we are getting the best part of 600 miles out of 53 quids worth of diesel and that equates to about 100 miles more than we WERE getting pre-chip ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links