Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4d Chip

PinkMinkee

chipped the rav last week, wasnt a particularly easy job as the cr sensor was in the worst place possible on the common rail. and the gap we needed to get into was only just big enough to squeeze ya hand in let alone fiddle around trying to disconnect the connection (the clip is underneath the damn thing)

anyway, an hour later its all sorted and boy what a difference both in performance and fuel economy. it drives like a petrol engine and the torque is wickedly powerful, and we managed 200 miles on just under half a tank of diesel, we reckoned on saving about tenner on what we would usually spend............next trip, in June, is to london, followed by a trip to bromsgrove so will be interesting to see how well it goes then :)

definately well worth the £99 me OH spent :)

Please Help I have a 2004 Avensis D4D 2.0 model, I have one of these chips with 3 wire connector to connect to common rail pressure sensor, howver I can find the common rail but I am stumped to find the appropriate connector on the common rail they all have 2 wire or six Please can someone help

Are you sure you're looking at the right part? The fuel pressure sensor has 3 wires and is on the side of the rail not the end;

fuelrail.jpg

I hope this helps.

chipped the rav last week, wasnt a particularly easy job as the cr sensor was in the worst place possible on the common rail. and the gap we needed to get into was only just big enough to squeeze ya hand in let alone fiddle around trying to disconnect the connection (the clip is underneath the damn thing)

anyway, an hour later its all sorted and boy what a difference both in performance and fuel economy. it drives like a petrol engine and the torque is wickedly powerful, and we managed 200 miles on just under half a tank of diesel, we reckoned on saving about tenner on what we would usually spend............next trip, in June, is to london, followed by a trip to bromsgrove so will be interesting to see how well it goes then :)

definately well worth the £99 me OH spent :)

Please Help I have a 2004 Avensis D4D 2.0 model, I have one of these chips with 3 wire connector to connect to common rail pressure sensor, howver I can find the common rail but I am stumped to find the appropriate connector on the common rail they all have 2 wire or six Please can someone help

Thanks for your help. I found a "plug" that the device fitted onto and the wire did head in the direction of the CR but ended up on a pressure sensor "denso" on the top of a black box. The car I have is a D4D 2004 Avensis Spirit is the engine the same as the diagram you sent me as I cannot find the wire in the exact location it describes. Thanks I connected the little black chip box to the connector I found the engine light does not come on when I drive so maybe I have the right on?

we had fitting instructions with ours, still didnt make the job any easier....the toyota diesel engines are all slightly different i guess, so I am assuming the picture above is of the avensis diesel engine, cos we have connected our chip to the end of the common rail where anchorman has put a big NO NO cross lol

we had fitting instructions with ours, still didnt make the job any easier....the toyota diesel engines are all slightly different i guess, so I am assuming the picture above is of the avensis diesel engine, cos we have connected our chip to the end of the common rail where anchorman has put a big NO NO cross lol

Ah but hang on!!!

The instructions I read said interface with the fuel pressure sensor which I have marked green. If yours worked with the fuel pressure cut off switch and it works then hey, that'll do for me!

Gawd - dae yersels a favour n get a 3 door petrol if yer wanting performance

Performance frae a dieselly? Cum oan! Its like fitting an 8th gear tae yer pedal cycle. :lol:

If yer wantin mpg, then add some sunflower oil an block up wan o yer injectors! Then ditch the twa back doors an lighten the load.....ye can buy light alloys fur these things which will gie yer a better boost.

I think most are looking for a moderate improvement in performance and economy bothy, not a 3 door petrol Typhoon ;)

I think most are looking for a moderate improvement in performance and economy bothy, not a 3 door petrol Typhoon ;)

Economy - a moderate improvement would be to switch off the engine going downhills???? :lol:

And a moderate performance improvement ? Switching the engine back on when going up hills! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Or lose some weight? (not relating to me by the way!)

Ah but hang on!!!

The instructions I read said interface with the fuel pressure sensor which I have marked green. If yours worked with the fuel pressure cut off switch and it works then hey, that'll do for me!

Hmmmm....now this has made me wonder if the chip is whats causing the P0627 error code, bearing in mind its stuck on the end of the cut off switch.............we're gunna take it off tomorrow anyhow and run the car without it for a week or so, then try to find the sensor on the middle of the common rail and connect it there, guess it will be wait and see time again after that ;)

Ooooohhhhhh

How I like an argument......

Some current petrol engines achieve 45+mpg (eg Fiat 1.2) on long haul, carrying lightweight and driven at the magical 56mph.

Statistically many accidents are caused by drivers falling asleep, and this driving method is one such way of achieving that state. Witness the landrover that ploughed off the road and onto the railway tracks.....................

the guy driving that landrover stayed up until 2am sending emails to his girlfriend then set off at 5am on a 10 hour round trip, he fell asleep due to fatigue caused by lack of sleep, not driving at 56mph

Ooooohhhhhh

How I like an argument......

Some current petrol engines achieve 45+mpg (eg Fiat 1.2) on long haul, carrying lightweight and driven at the magical 56mph.

Statistically many accidents are caused by drivers falling asleep, and this driving method is one such way of achieving that state. Witness the landrover that ploughed off the road and onto the railway tracks.....................

the guy driving that landrover stayed up until 2am sending emails to his girlfriend then set off at 5am on a 10 hour round trip, he fell asleep due to fatigue caused by lack of sleep, not driving at 56mph

Wrong. I did a scientific test. I stayed up all night and drove to the very south of England at a speed of 50mph. I picked up a bashed MR2 and drove all the way back up at less than 50mph. I phoned my girl friend many times.

Now, the round trip must have been just over 1000 miles. That makes the whole journey 1000/50 = about 20+ hours. I found as a result that driving at that speed was incredibly boring; didn't consume concentration; and I fell asleep more times than I wish to remember. I stopped a few times to ease off the bored muscles too.

On my second test, I took a fast car, loaded with computer scanning equipment down to Milton Keynes one early morning; exhibited it to English people who hadn't seen such stuff before (document imaging was a novelty then); loaded up and drove back to Glasgow quickly. Not once did I fall asleep, feel tired, - oh and I did use my mobile phone a lot too. Emails back then were not really around so much. Brought back 2 pretty girls too!!

So, I found that driving at a slow constant speed is tantamount to murder - driving at speed is much healthier.

And I have tried out this a few times. Try it yourself, but don't blame me when you run off the road at 56mph. :)

Ah but hang on!!!

Hmmmm....now this has made me wonder if the chip is whats causing the P0627 error code, bearing in mind its stuck on the end of the cut off switch.............we're gunna take it off tomorrow anyhow and run the car without it for a week or so, then try to find the sensor on the middle of the common rail and connect it there, guess it will be wait and see time again after that ;)

Now - I wonder - who has the last laugh here? Least my suggestions are reliable!!

Not down in Plymouth in the foreseeable future by the way.

• 6 years later...

I would like to contribute my fresh experience to the little argument between Anchorman and PinkMinkee...as it might still help people nowadays and the info is hard to obtain.

The two locations on the drawing that Anchorman posted are (on my RAV4 2.0 D4D engine) to my conclusion... ONE AND THE SAME WIRE.

(From here on i will call the plug marked with the red cross 'plug A' and the plug marked with the green circle 'plug B')

When i remove it from it's slider bracket and shove plug B around, i can see the wires wiggle, on plug A. The wires on both plugs have in fact the same color. (see pics) As far as my fingers can reach, i can feel the wire is attached to the bottom of the common rail, leading to the plug marked with the red cross. This is enough evidence for me to come to my conclusion.

In between plug A and plug B is a triple wire cord connected, which is merely an extension cord.

This 'extension cord solution' was probably designed for technicians, to be able to measure the stats of the common rail sensor...as plug A cannot be unplugged by human hands. It is in such a tight and unreachable place, and the clicker side of the plug is on the bottom! So they came up with this solution.

Needless to say that a tuning kit/chip box will work just fine on both ends of the wire...right?

Plug B has a different shape though! So you have to keep this in mind when ordering a tuning kit/chip box. If you don't mention this beforehand,they will probably send you wiring that is compatible with plug A. And you can't do anything with it besides looking at it. Like it happened to me...

When i receive cabling that fits plug B, i can attach a testing module, to electrically confirm that plug A and plug B are ONE AND THE SAME WIRE.

edit: CONFIRMED

Some photo's to illustrate;

post-144709-0-49744400-1416063156_thumb.

post-144709-0-92111300-1416063287_thumb.

post-144709-0-11454600-1416063297_thumb.

post-144709-0-68111600-1416063884_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links