Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem = 3 Warning Lights At Once

Demps

I have a 2006 Rav4 with 25,000 miles on it and yesterday on the way to work got the following warning lights together:

Check Engine Warning

VSC Warning

4WD Warning

Earliest I could get dealer for is next Weds.

Wondering could I potentially be causing more harm by continuing to drive until then?

Anyone experience similar problems?

:huh:

I have a 2006 Rav4 with 25,000 miles on it and yesterday on the way to work got the following warning lights together:

Check Engine Warning

VSC Warning

4WD Warning

Earliest I could get dealer for is next Weds.

Wondering could I potentially be causing more harm by continuing to drive until then?

Anyone experience similar problems?

:huh:

The only way to see what's wrong, is to get the codes that will have been stored in the ecu... This is read by an OBDII reader...and TOYOTA have them thus dealer prices or other's have brought there own....(I cant find link at moment for these..... ;) ;) ;) )

Welcome to the club

You can extract some info by shorting out terminals on the DLC3 connection - let me know if you want the process.

Might be worth checking the engine oil and water levels but providing after that it all sounds OK it has probably defaulted to front wheel drive mode.

Does it sound and feel OK?

Regards

Welcome to the club

You can extract some info by shorting out terminals on the DLC3 connection - let me know if you want the process.

Might be worth checking the engine oil and water levels but providing after that it all sounds OK it has probably defaulted to front wheel drive mode.

Regards

In trying to be a bit more helpful, here's some things that you need to check :-

1. There should be 4 wheels. Selling 2 wheels does not make it a 2 wheel drive car. Normally, one would find a wheel at each of the 4 corners of the car, and generally used to keep the bumpers from grinding along the ground.

2. Water in the engine is used to cool the engine and prevent it from getting too warm. It is, however, not suitable for using to brew tea or coffee. The pretty blue colour of the water shows its poisonous. Any colour means its sick. A red colour means you've put the steering fluid in the wrong filler cap.

3. VSC - Vehicle Steering Column unattached. You will need to replace the steering wheel - it is not removeable when you go shopping and should be left in place. This item is found to be more useful in Asda carparks. It cannot be used to replace a flat tyre. Nor can it be entered into the tyre rotation scheme.

If in doubt, visit the dealer and ask them to sign a letter which states that by delaying to check the RAV until Wednesday will not cause any ill-effects on you or any of your family. (A check would take a few seconds. Fixing it may take longer).

Welcome to the club

Regards

In trying to be a bit more helpful, here's some things that you need to check :-

1. There should be 4 wheels. Selling 2 wheels does not make it a 2 wheel drive car. Normally, one would find a wheel at each of the 4 corners of the car, and generally used to keep the bumpers from grinding along the ground.

2. Water in the engine is used to cool the engine and prevent it from getting too warm. It is, however, not suitable for using to brew tea or coffee. The pretty blue colour of the water shows its poisonous. Any colour means its sick. A red colour means you've put the steering fluid in the wrong filler cap.

3. VSC - Vehicle Steering Column unattached. You will need to replace the steering wheel - it is not removeable when you go shopping and should be left in place. This item is found to be more useful in Asda carparks. It cannot be used to replace a flat tyre. Nor can it be entered into the tyre rotation scheme.

If in doubt, visit the dealer and ask them to sign a letter which states that by delaying to check the RAV until Wednesday will not cause any ill-effects on you or any of your family. (A check would take a few seconds. Fixing it may take longer).

Did you know there is another friendly organisation other than the Automobile Association with the initials "AA"?

Thanks for the advice though, I know you're only trying to help!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links