Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking At This Used Rav4. Anything To Look Out For?

grrinc

Hello all.

I know I was bothering you guys a few months back over buying a used Rav4, but I was wondering if you could help again just quickly?

Well after a reassessment of finances, we are back on the market and on Tuesday eveing, I am going to look at this specification from a local trader.....

2003 03 VVti GXI

5 door

Petrol

Manual

32000 miles

2 owners

My only suspicion at this stage is that I cant find any reference to wether VVti GXI exists as a model. This is exactly as advertised, but I dont know wether this is an error or a con or me being silly.

It was advertised as £7995 but we have agreed £7250.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Grrinc

Hi grrinc

The trim levels at the time were NV, NRG, GX and VX.

So I assume that you're buying a GX trim, which (after a little investigation) is shown as a dealer price of £7240, and a private sale price of £6500.

If you are buying a GX, then I think the original price of £7995 is way over the odds and (dependant on condition) you shouldn't pay much more that 7k.

If the car is a VX, then this is shown as a dealer price of £7975 and you've got yourself a very good deal! :D

Hope that's some help :thumbsup:

It is low mileage for a 2003, so that could be worth a few hundred quid above book - but then again, I bet book prices are falling like a stone with the credit crunch, hiked up road tax and fuel prices.

Offer £6,636 as the latest news on the RAV is that the gearbox is suspect.

I suspect its quite good...................................

Thanks guys.

I must admit I really am stumped over what VVI ( or indeed GXI) is supposed to mean. It doesnt seem to be listed anywhere. I typed in the reg of the vehicle into one of those vehicle checker sites and it does indeed list it as a Rav-4 2.0 VVti GXI. But trying to get anymore info as to what that means is impossible. Am I going crazy??

Duncerduncs....

I went to the parkers guide and what you said was spot on. However, even this site does not list these trim options.

To be truthful, this does sound like a GX. I would be more than happy with a GX model anyway, but why there should be any confusion is stupid really.

Thanks again guys.

The V V T I engine - VVTi - is acceptable I suppose. certainly better than a 4329rpm revving diesel.

Check out Exchane N mart - they sometimes have interesting cars on sale - I did and never regreeted it after I bought another 94 RAV

Hello all.

I know I was bothering you guys a few months back over buying a used Rav4, but I was wondering if you could help again just quickly?

Well after a reassessment of finances, we are back on the market and on Tuesday eveing, I am going to look at this specification from a local trader.....

2003 03 VVti GXI

5 door

Petrol

Manual

32000 miles

2 owners

My only suspicion at this stage is that I cant find any reference to wether VVti GXI exists as a model. This is exactly as advertised, but I dont know wether this is an error or a con or me being silly.

It was advertised as £7995 but we have agreed £7250.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Grrinc

only my opinion, but i would say its a 2litre vvti petrol, in GX trim, someone has added an I after GX, easily done.. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links