Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For Modifications

Distro

Exhaust, filter, decat, unichip on a rev3 will get you 200bhp.

I've seen it!!!!!!!!!!

Rev1 or 2 though, and I would say about 175ish.

TBH, there's not much point in tuning a n/a unless you spend silly money.

Put an exhaust on for the noise, same with induction kit..... not for the power. (on a n/a)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Distro

• JappyBeast

• T600

• Jimlad

Yeh i'm starting to reconsider what to do when i get it, I'll probably do filter and exhaust then go for the asthetics,

housemate found one today, needs a bit of engine work done but the guy only wants £500 and its a rev2, now i've just been having words with the guy i live with (owns an r32 skyline) and he just made me realise something, i want something that's quick not fast, 0-60 is what im interested in if anything, and just a stock mr2 is going to be a better drive than what im used to.

I'm going to go look at this mr2 tomorrow and see what kind of money needs spending to get it fixed, from what he saw today it has lexus alloys, veilside skirts and the engine bottom end (no-idea what this is refering to) needs a little work.

The guy is the owner of a garage and a breaker so he has cars like this around regularly and is doing some work on a friends car for what seems to be quite cheap (putting a 3ltr engine in a capri).

Anyway, any thoughts/suggestions for my look around this car tomorrow would be appreciated.

as said you wont get 200 from an NA that isnt a beams without doing some internal work, and if you have seen it without internal work, then the rollers are dodgy! end of discussion with that!

ive just finished my NA build, and this is what i have:

rev2 3sge, FULLY rebuilt

piper 264 cams

adj pulleys

ported head

poted intake manifold

lightened fly

4-1 exhaust manifold

11lb lightened fly

6 paddle stage 3 clutch

apexi intake

and it soon will be on a greddy emanage

I MAY 200bhp from that, but then it'll be on noz for a bit extra ;)

You'd better make it 200bhp to carry all that extra fibreglass. Then it'll maybe perform like a stock Rev 3 N/A. If you're lucky.

Haha, well im all ideas at the minute anyway, i'll probably end up with just black alloys on my student budget :)

Just been enlightened by my oh-so loving father that my mum is the registered keeper of my current car, which basically means i can't sell it until she feels like it. That is, i likely won't be able to buy a car until closer to december when i can afford it straight out of my pocket and shrug the lack of faith they have in me and hand them the punto and say something childish like "just transfer my half of the car into my account" then come straight back to uni.

Enough of my posting here until I'm able to buy myself a car, so many ideas of which none i can start.

Cheers for all the help and insight.

i think depending on the car how its been looked after , if its bad service history then i doubt it will hit 200bhp as you have to make up for the loss of bhp over the years, ill be going for 200bhp out of a rev 2 but i know ill probaly only get 180-200bhp but im happy with those gains

ok scrap that its already been said i didnt read all the thread lol

very nice mate youll love it, get those pics up soon as :)

No worries, scrap my last emo-post too, im picking an MR2 up tomorrow, pics soon!

Whats the spec?

I went with the more realistic affordable option and picked up a 1991 black MR2 comes with some nice alloys and the sunroof is totally removable (not sure which model this is exactly) and the performance is going to far exceed my old car regardless of the spec. £800 and barely anything wrong with it (little rust on an arch) and the other two things were fixed on it today.

eBay item ID: 260239685681

The correct term for the roof is moon roof, thay all come out!

Gonna have a look at the item.

8b10_1.JPG

Looking at the pictures it doesnt look too bad for the money, have you driven it tho?

Seems to be the UK spec ones that rust round the arches, seen loads of them like that esp the white ones.

Have you made sure it is the 3SGE engine?

Looks good - and with black you can stick a carbon fibre bonnet on it without it ending up looking like a taxi ;)

Spoiler suggests 3S-GE as would fog-lights but no pic of it from an angle that shows whether they exist or not.

Going to be a tough job getting to 200 if it's a 3S-FE. Though nothing a V6 conversion wouldn't fix. Job Jobbed.

No. Not on a black car anyway* :)

I doubt anyone's going to mistake your car for a taxi though Jappy.

* If I'm being honest I quite like a nice c/f bonnet on the right car. On thunder grey it looks awesome, and I have to admit it suits yours too. It'd look rubbish on mine though as everything else on the car is stock.

I would die for the Border CF bonnet, its lush.

All the taxis in Mansfield have black bonnets, its a right laugh doing a lap of the circuit!

heyhey guys, stop getting carried away! had enough of that in my house already since i took the money out of the bank :P

just gave the chap a ring and he's not sure but can check the logbook tomorrow, but as you said with your spoiler remark, maybe it is the 3SGE.

Having a little trouble at the minute, in my haste i forgot about insuring it for the journey back, whoops

been looking at the pay monthly insurers and they all want quite a hefty first payment, i should be able to afford this but i'd much rather get temporary cover for a week or so and pay for a full years insurance in October, does anyone know a place that offer this for someone under 21 and 15+ insurance group? i've been googling like mad and so far have come up with nothing.

Haha!! He buys the car first and worries about insuring it later!!!

I'm with More Than try them, I pay every month. Been a while since I was under 21 so cant really help!

Very difficult to get temporary insurance under 21 I think. Hopefully someone here will know somewhere that'll do it for you though.

I'm going with a guy who's 25, will see if i can get him to short-term it with me named. If not i'll just pay insurance over the summer whilst i can't drive it, not too much of an issue, shame i can't get hold of a few 100 from my parents (or just sell the car like the original plan!!) then i could insure it for the year for £800...

Do you know anyone who is fully comp who can get it back for you?

Where is the car and where are you?

It's a 189 mile drive to get back, my house mate who is going with me is fully comp, but i want to drive the car myself before i leave and obviously cant afford to get caught without insurance because then i'll never be able to insure it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links