Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Recirculate Button Always On ?

paulmel

Hello All,

For the last few weeks we have noticed that every time we switch the engine on, the air recirculate button light is on. We dont remember this being the case when we bought the Rav at the end of March.

It has to be switched off every time we start the car which is no more than a bit annoying, but we wondered if our 6 year old son had been having a play and set it to ON somehow.

Is there a way of setting this to "OFF" so it doesn't come on eveytime the engine is started, only switched on manually when required ?

Thanks.

(It's the XT5 model)

Hello All,

For the last few weeks we have noticed that every time we switch the engine on, the air recirculate button light is on. We dont remember this being the case when we bought the Rav at the end of March.

It has to be switched off every time we start the car which is no more than a bit annoying, but we wondered if our 6 year old son had been having a play and set it to ON somehow.

Is there a way of setting this to "OFF" so it doesn't come on eveytime the engine is started, only switched on manually when required ?

Thanks.

(It's the XT5 model)

First - serves ye right - ye should hae stuck wi the 4.1 !

Next - dinna blame yer puir wee neglected 6 year old son fur resetting yer car - if he's that bored tae be playing wi an XT5 then he's done well not tae burn oot the CD player. dae him a favour - spruce up yer 95 RAV and gie him a real thrill.

Jist take the car back tae the garage an tell em its bgrd aifter ye hit a warm air cloud at 21mph. Or is this new addition tae yer collection a smelly slow dieselly 5 door version - I pray its no. If it is, ye have the perfect solution - remove the twa back doors an its sorted.

Paul,

you must be used to our resident fruit cake by now :rolleyes:

What you describe is quite normal and a bit of a pain. All part of the way the climate control works, even if you don't have it on auto.

This "auto re-circ" can be disabled, but only with the garage plug in diagnostic tool I believe.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Paul,

you must be used to our resident fruit cake by now :rolleyes:

What you describe is quite normal and a bit of a pain. All part of the way the climate control works, even if you don't have it on auto.

This "auto re-circ" can be disabled, but only with the garage plug in diagnostic tool I believe.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

punch my button!!!!

Climate control - so its you bgrs that are tae blame fur the rain in England?

Jist pu the wires oot the back o the pump and that'll be it done - cost? £0.00

:o :o by strange coincidence, mine started doing the same a week ago. Every time I switch ignition on, totally out of the blue.

The recirculation comes on at a pre set temperature within the cabin. The reason for this is simple, it's easier to cool the air within the car when it's recirculated! Once the car has reached the set point, the recirculation will turn itself off and allow air from outside (by this time you'll be moving and it's easier to cool the flowing air). I tend to turn it off once I'm up to a reasonable speed.

It wont happen in winter as the car will already be cold! :lol:

The recirculation comes on at a pre set temperature within the cabin. The reason for this is simple, it's easier to cool the air within the car when it's recirculated! Once the car has reached the set point, the recirculation will turn itself off and allow air from outside (by this time you'll be moving and it's easier to cool the flowing air). I tend to turn it off once I'm up to a reasonable speed.

Aha so its down to the good weather this week then :thumbsup:

Typical - clever clogs.

Weel, ah jist dinna have that problem - removing the 2 sunroofs and belting along sooks aw the muck oot the inside o the car, pairt frae me as ahm tae heavy, and keeps things cool. The enjun cooler looks after itsel as being a 3 door petrol turbo, its quite clever. The amount (volume) of air needed cooling in a 5 doorer is almost obscene. In fact its wurse. That causes excessive heat and CO2 intae the air whit peeps like me end up haei tae breathicality in.

Speakin o which, Dundee United fur the winner this weekend cos a wis born cross the river frae dundee. Ahm no byassed or onythin.

It does Duncs!

It uses the warm(er) air inside the car to get the temp up and then later reverts to outside air.

Ah can sell ye a blank fur where th switch gaes..........................

Yes but I'm not sure I want to brick the dash up just yet bothy.

Thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links