Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Computer Internet/bandwidth Question...

Jimlad

I'm curious if it's possible to limit the speed of different connections in the house?

I have a netgear wireless router at the moment and at any one time there could be 3 computers accessing it.

Just wondering because if I wanted to play the xbox is there a way I could limit the badwidth of the other connections so it doesn't interfere with the gaming?

At the end of the day, it's my internet connection so I can do what I want.. ie, unplug, tell other people to get off.

Anyone?

I'm curious if it's possible to limit the speed of different connections in the house?

I have a netgear wireless router at the moment and at any one time there could be 3 computers accessing it.

Just wondering because if I wanted to play the xbox is there a way I could limit the badwidth of the other connections so it doesn't interfere with the gaming?

At the end of the day, it's my internet connection so I can do what I want.. ie, unplug, tell other people to get off.

Anyone?

You could use your Mac address to limit usage on the router to only allow yours when you want use your Xbox

Need a router with QOS (Quality of service) support, then give priority to either the IP's or service type (web, gaming, etc).

I've got a Linksys RV042 which does it awesomely, but its an ntl (ethernet connection not adsl) one.

http://www.netlimiter.com/

Run this on your pc's, and set maximum download/upload bandwidth you want for each one. Works a treat for me when I'm using the Playstation ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links