Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Question Is..

cheshiremanxkat

I have spent the last couple of days reading all the problems and woes with the T180 there seem to be quite a few issues with it. Does anyone have one that hasn't had any problems??? I was just about to go and buy one and am now at a bit of a loss. So what do you think - should I still buy it or should I look at the XT range instead. Any helpful suggestions would be great.

I have spent the last couple of days reading all the problems and woes with the T180 there seem to be quite a few issues with it. Does anyone have one that hasn't had any problems??? I was just about to go and buy one and am now at a bit of a loss. So what do you think - should I still buy it or should I look at the XT range instead. Any helpful suggestions would be great.

Hello manxkat!

I think the biggest gripe with the T180 are it's tyres (or is that an understatement!).

I personally have no problem with run flats, as my wife is the main driver of the car. I would rather her drive home at 50mph than try and change a tyre at the road side. The price of them will always be quite high whilst we have the only car in the industry with this design of run flat :rolleyes:

You may have read some issues with the mpg we are getting, but every car has that issue and we only notice it because diesel is so expensive :censor:

My advise would be this, if you are happy with the running costs (don't forget that road tax goes up by a bit in 2009) then go for it!

You'll have great satisfaction in leaving others driver behind... :lol:

EDIT: Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Judging by your location, get yersel a hot air balloon that runs oan propane or better still, wood pellets.

Or try an older car to avoid the tax hikes.

Welcome to the club.

We have a T180 owner on the IOM already!!! I'm sure there is room for another.

It is the nature of the forum that people discuss problems as a lack of problems is nothing to discuss if you get my drift. I'm sure there are trouble free T180s and I'm sure the replies will come in soon. My only critisism is with those blasted run flats that Toyota have the monopoly on. They cost a small fortune!

In my opinion that should be highlighted with monopolies and mergers to make sure the profits are fair.

Sit tight and the others will comment I'm sure.

Cheers

Thankyou very much for your answers. I feel so much better already :) and yes a hot air balloon would be fun however don't think it would be great over the irish sea! The run flat tyres are ok (i think) as you say it would be better to drive at 50 than changing a tyre in the middle of nowhere so I think ill be happy with that! and i haven't run a car yet that actually sticks to the mpg it's supposed to so all in all....I'll sleep on it again!!! Thanks again

As said by others. I don't think there are any real problems with the T180. The only thing I'm not happy with, is the situation with the tyres. I'm not against runflats, it's just that with our particular system, they can only be changed by the dealer, who charge a king's ranson for the privilege :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links