Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone Compatibility

crcx2

While waiting for delivery of my new Prius Spirit I have been trying to identify which smart phones work with the built in software. After several weeks my dealer provided a list of compatible phone cradles (available from Toyota Parts Central Europe) but this does not really help. I already have a Nokia 9500 Communicator and N73, and if I must buy another phone (which seems to be the case after trying out both) then I naturally want to be sure it is 100% compatible. I already have a Nokia 616 car kit which as an accessory works fine, but on this occassion I really want to get rid of the cable and brackets when connecting both phone and Sat Nav (Tom Tom).

Hope your vast collective experiences can produce some answers!

Hope this helps you in your quest. Good luck.

Stompe

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Thanks Stompe, I found "Letstalk" this morning and printed out a list of the "later" models for checking out. Not sure if it is tied to the USA or not but worth pursuing. In the meantime how many delears noted and actually doing something ;) ?

Basically I would NOT bother with the crardle all this is is a charger with a holder for the phone and is model specific. it is not a hard connection to the system.

as for compitability with the System as o long as your phone supports bluetooth at either 2 or 1.02 specification it will work with the prius. the main difference being wether it will show the signal strength when connected or not.

please note trying to use a smart phone as a sat-nav in the UK makes you open to being prosecuted under the recent mobile phone while driving regs and getting a driving without due care and attention. this also aplies to all handled sat navs. if you want sat nav in a car without the risk of being prosecuted go for the in-built option on the Tspirit.

Basically I would NOT bother with the crardle all this is is a charger with a holder for the phone and is model specific. it is not a hard connection to the system.

as for compitability with the System as o long as your phone supports bluetooth at either 2 or 1.02 specification it will work with the prius. the main difference being wether it will show the signal strength when connected or not.

please note trying to use a smart phone as a sat-nav in the UK makes you open to being prosecuted under the recent mobile phone while driving regs and getting a driving without due care and attention. this also aplies to all handled sat navs. if you want sat nav in a car without the risk of being prosecuted go for the in-built option on the Tspirit.

Thanks Mike for the tips. The cradle will only be used for charging while knowing BT standards helps narrow the field. I have ordered the Spirit to include Sat Nav, but I think Toyota's offering is running behind TOM TOM for ease of use and picture detail.

• 2 months later...

I had a Motorola RAZR v3 and synchronized my Address Book on my Mac computer via bluetooth. It was then easy to synchronise this to the Prius. The trouble then began with the message bluetooth Connection Failed every time the engine had been stopped.

After reading various articles I changed the phone for a SonyEricsson W910i this proved some what of a problem using bluetooth and the Mac but eventually the phone book file was loaded via USB cable. It seemed there was a dearth of instructions for sychronising with the Prius and after several attempts I contacted Toyota in Derby and my thanks to Liam Asher who had the matter solved in a few minutes. Incidentally it solved another problem complained of - loading the PhoneBook - the complete entries went in without a hitch.

I hope this is of assistance.

Pkram.

I have the Sony Ericson W910I and managed to get it working with the Prius. I never did get it to load the phone book. I entered that manually in the end. It all works OK I have also got the voice dialling working. Pleased to hear your problems are solved.

Dealers do have the spec required for the phones that work with the Prius. I got a spec from my dealer and that is how I came to get the Sony Erickson W910I.

O2 said that the phone had a high bluetooth spec. and would be fine for the Prius.

Chris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links