Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dead Avensis

Tuontris

Hi all, new to the forum but not new to Toyota. Have owned a Toyota now for 5 years, first being a Carina which was a great car (especially considering how I abused it :unsure: ) So stayed with Toyota and got a nice second hand Avensis 1.8GLS 2002 which i've owned now for a year and a half. I do have a wee problem with it right now, which I am hoping someone might be able to help me with. Recently took the old Battery out and its been out for around 2 weeks just put its replacement in and now the car is dead! Nothing at all its just dead, got the fuses out but they are ok. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi the Deakin here try putting the key in and leaving the ignition on for a least 20 minutes cant explaine now heading back to work in 5 mins,but its all to do with taking the Battery out it has to be reprogramed or something like that,let me know i have it wrote down what way you have to do it properly.

Me car is alive and running like a sweetie! :) Thanks for the ideas guys. It turned out it was my fault it wasn't running and should have spotted it straight away. I'm too emabarresed to say what it was :ermm: Teaches me for trying to do more then one thing at a time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links