Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mad! Serious Blemishes On My Bumper!

sywy

I'm pretty angry at the moment!! :censor: :censor: :censor:

Was just filling my washer bottle and noticed these 2 marks/cracks. :censor: To me, they look like screws are trying to come through? Does anyone know what may be behind here? I've had a look and there is a lot of stuff blocking my view, so can't see. Would this area have been tampered with during a 20k service?? Maybe the bumper coming off? Will try to get it checked out by a dealer tomorrow, but unfortunately not my regular dealer, who is about 25 miles away. They have been really good to me so far, which is why I dismiss 3 other dealers to go to them. And they are usually £50-100 cheaper than the others. Not sure if I want to use them again, if this is their doing, and, unfortunately, I can't see it any other way :(

DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

I'm pretty angry at the moment!! :censor: :censor: :censor:

Was just filling my washer bottle and noticed these 2 marks/cracks. :censor: To me, they look like screws are trying to come through? Does anyone know what may be behind here? I've had a look and there is a lot of stuff blocking my view, so can't see. Would this area have been tampered with during a 20k service?? Maybe the bumper coming off? Will try to get it checked out by a dealer tomorrow, but unfortunately not my regular dealer, who is about 25 miles away. They have been really good to me so far, which is why I dismiss 3 other dealers to go to them. And they are usually £50-100 cheaper than the others. Not sure if I want to use them again, if this is their doing, and, unfortunately, I can't see it any other way :(

Deepest sympathies Simon, dont know whats behind there, but from your pics looks like 2 bolts have been over tightened pushing into the front and causing cracks :( can't see any other way it could have happened, but sure it can be sorted out, so chin up mate :yes:

sure looks like screws - this is where you need Anchorman and his knowledge on the build.

Have you had any work done to the front? new grill, relaigned lights, bonnet slam position adjusted??

Apart from autoglass replacing the windscreen, only 1 garage has ever touched the RAV. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there prior to the 20k service, which was 2 weeks ago ...

Do they touch that part during a service? Maybe remove the bumper to replace something?

Not Nice Simon. :(

These are the assemblies for front bumper and headlamps

b129908e04.png

b129907e03.png

e137919e01.png

Just had a look at mine and I agree it is difficult to see. I might be mistaken (and probably am), but there seems to be a boss sticking out from the part of the headlamp assembly that is hidden behind the bumper. However I think is is above the area where your "blemishes" are.

Do you have headlamp protectors? That protector retainer could be roughly the right place maybe?

Can't see why the bumper should be removed for the 20k service.

Chin up.

Hi sorry to see the damage :( but has someone hit your bumper slowly and pushing your bumper like when there parked in front of you and reversing and then pulling away? just a thought.

Do you have headlamp protectors? That protector retainer could be roughly the right place maybe?

Nope, no protectors.

Hi sorry to see the damage :( but has someone hit your bumper slowly and pushing your bumper like when there parked in front of you and reversing and then pulling away? just a thought.

It's a possibilty. It never crossed my mind, but there are no scuff marks or anything?

Sorry to see the marks on your bumper :(

Just had a look in my service book and I can't imagine any service item that would require the bumper to be removed, in fact it's hard to imagine the car being designed in such a way for access to regular service items :unsure:

But it does seem a strange coincidence so soon after your service :huh:

I think I'd take a trip to the garage and have a quiet word with the service manager, see what he has to say about them.

Looks like you've been hit by a high velocity potato scone gun.

report it to the polis as yer neeburs micht jist be next!

Sorry to hear about your problem Simon :(

Just had a look in my service book and I can't imagine any service item that would require the bumper to be removed, in fact it's hard to imagine the car being designed in such a way for access to regular service items :unsure:

I watched my 20k being done! The majority of work is taken place under the car whilst it is on jacks, there's even flaps in the under protector so they can reach in and not take the whole lot off. The only time the car came down off the jacks was when they filled it back up with oil (shame it started leaking from underneath, but that's a whole different story!).

The bumper is designed to 'flex' at around 5mph. So it is possible that some w :censor: r hit you then drove off.

I would recommend that if the bumper is taken off to check behind, compare bolt positions on left and right and how proud they are- I would expect them to be symmetrical.

If this was due to someone bumping the bumper, I would expect to see a bit of scuffing as well? - that really looks like classic protruding fittings and not tightened down properly and Mr T to blame

Just visited a dealer (not the servicing dealer) and it looks more likely some :censor: has gone into my car and driven off!!

I noticed it before the servicing guy, but the bumper is out of alignment!! He also says there are signs of paint flexing too - really fine cracks along the curvature of the bumper. However, he is as perplexed as us as to why there are no marks!!? This has made me angrier, as now I have no-one to blame!! Talking of which, I must apoligize to my servicing dealer (I know I've not named them) for casting doubt on them in the first place. Looks like I will have to fix this out of my own pocket :censor: :censor: , assuming it's not going to cost the earth. It'll have to probably wait a few weeks now, as I haven't got the time to sort it out at the moment.

You would be suprised how many times it happens, people bump into your car and drive off

We had a "Lady" reverse her car into a customers car here, she got out, looked at the damage, and then attempted to drive off without saying anything. She was stopped and said, Oh I thought it was one of your cars so I didnt bother! WTF! The damage was substantial and required a new door etc, sadly we had to tell our customer that some inconsiderate plonker had reversed into it. can you imagine how that makes the company look? We were the ones who had to foot the bill while the insurance messed about with it, and loan a car etc and it wasnt our fault!

Kingo :thumbsup:

That really sucks Simon, hope you get it sorted out without too much bother or expense. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links