Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2.0 Auto Radiator ..help Needed

meatballs

hello im new here and ive just got a m reg rav 4 and the radiator is busted so i need another and trying to find one from a 2.0 auto is like pulling teeth :ffs:

im just wondering if there is any other radiator off any other car/model that will fit mine as i cant really afford to buy a new one at the moment, i hope someone can help.. thanks rick...

hello im new here and ive just got a m reg rav 4 and the radiator is busted so i need another and trying to find one from a 2.0 auto is like pulling teeth :ffs:

im just wondering if there is any other radiator off any other car/model that will fit mine as i cant really afford to buy a new one at the moment, i hope someone can help.. thanks rick...

Hi meatballs (cool name by the way!) and welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

Bothwell Buyer is our resident expert on 4.1 Rav's, so he should be able to provide some help later :thumbsup:

Parts-King is our parts expert, it may be worth sending him a PM to see what the price of a radiator is from him ;)

This may be a silly question, but is there a difference between the radiators in a manual or automatic? :blink:

Hi meatballs (cool name by the way!) and welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

Bothwell Buyer is our resident expert on 4.1 Rav's, so he should be able to provide some help later :thumbsup:

Parts-King is our parts expert, it may be worth sending him a PM to see what the price of a radiator is from him ;)

This may be a silly question, but is there a difference between the radiators in a manual or automatic? :blink:

thanks for the reply ,,yeah there is a difference its something to do with the extra hose for the cooling of the auto transmission fluid, i was told u can use an auto rad on a manual but not a manual on an auto, its all rather confusing :(

Have you tried any of the aftermarket radiator companies ? You are right about the cooler, the auto trans fluid

goes through a seperate part of the red to get cooled.

Have you tried any of the aftermarket radiator companies ? You are right about the cooler, the auto trans fluid

the best price i got from an after market place was £80 +p+p £12 i didnt really want to spend that at the moment :( i was hoping to get one from a breakers yard but they seem to be hard to find ,i was just wondering if any other rad from another make or model would do the job , a friend of mine had a rav 4 and he had a toyota carina engine put it it and it was fine..

the best price i got from an after market place was £80 +p+p £12 i didnt really want to spend that at the moment :( i was hoping to get one from a breakers yard but they seem to be hard to find ,i was just wondering if any other rad from another make or model would do the job , a friend of mine had a rav 4 and he had a toyota carina engine put it it and it was fine..

or is this not possible ??

lets start rambling---- I think the Carina engine was probably the 3SFE - the same engine as the 1994-2000 RAV4s. The 3SFE has been around a few cars over the years.

On the radiator - well, basically you can find and fit any radiator from any car if it fits the space....and on the automatic, which I know little about, what about putting a separate radiator into place in front of the existing one??

With the turbo 3SGTE engine in the RAVs I have, they have a radiator for the engine coolant, and another small radiator for the Charge Intercooler. It might need shifting the electric fan a bit but thats easy. The oil cooler is in front of that again.

Have you tried the guys who take your own radiator and refurb it??

I'll take a look at the Haynes manual i have from the USA in the morning and update this post. Just that things have been hectic today, and so I'm kind of tired to work out solutions....

On my own RAVs, the radiator has been shifted forward to accommodate the bigger engine, and the 2nd radiator i think is from a Fiat which is small and thin but does the job well. I don't think the 2.0 early RAV in auto style was all that common, but they are in USA - they were introduced there in 1996. Try some of the Jap car breakers; Parts Gateway; or as I say muck about to modify and shift the electric fan to suit.

lets start rambling---- I think the Carina engine was probably the 3SFE - the same engine as the 1994-2000 RAV4s. The 3SFE has been around a few cars over the years.

On the radiator - well, basically you can find and fit any radiator from any car if it fits the space....and on the automatic, which I know little about, what about putting a separate radiator into place in front of the existing one??

With the turbo 3SGTE engine in the RAVs I have, they have a radiator for the engine coolant, and another small radiator for the Charge Intercooler. It might need shifting the electric fan a bit but thats easy. The oil cooler is in front of that again.

Have you tried the guys who take your own radiator and refurb it??

I'll take a look at the Haynes manual i have from the USA in the morning and update this post. Just that things have been hectic today, and so I'm kind of tired to work out solutions....

On my own RAVs, the radiator has been shifted forward to accommodate the bigger engine, and the 2nd radiator i think is from a Fiat which is small and thin but does the job well. I don't think the 2.0 early RAV in auto style was all that common, but they are in USA - they were introduced there in 1996. Try some of the Jap car breakers; Parts Gateway; or as I say muck about to modify and shift the electric fan to suit.

You'll probably say DUHH but here goes a question anyway, my 98 MK1 has two radiators , is that normal?? Never seen that before!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links