Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty Inspection Check

Penelope Pitstop

Hi Guys i am taking my MR2 for its final check ,, its coming up now i have had it for 3 yrs (now were has that time gone),,i told them i have been really pleased with the car except that the brake hubs(is that what they are called) look like they are rusting /corroding and they look unsightly compared with the rest of the car,,i have got my car booked in for this check on Monday and the garage manager said that this isnt covered under warranty ,he said this happens that when i get it cleaned the valeters spray stuff on the wheels prior to washing and it is this that corrodes them,,however he said , because i am a good customer to MRT they would take them off and re spray them and make them more cosmetically appealing,,,,does this sound about right??i hate bein ripped off only i am sure i have read on here about the alloys corroding and peeple got new ones(my alloys arnt corroding),,i wandered if i cud get new brake hubs and i wandered if i was getting fobbed off???thanks in advance for any replies guys xx PP

Have a look HERE

Do your "Discs" look like the ones in the picture? bearing in mind they are usually always more scored at the back where you can't see.....If so they should either skim them (not a fan of this but it is acceptable), or replace them under warranty. (You may have to pay for new pads)

Les :thumbsup:

hubs rust as a matter of course, the only way of TRYING to prevent this is to paint them from day 1, even this will fail most of the time due to the heat going to the disk hubs and peeling the paint

your guy at toyota is 100% correct, and for them to paint/try to clean these up, is great... how much are they charging you for this?

oh and it doesnt take anything special to make them rust, its just the heat that gets into them, and then natural rain water

:)

Thanks for all your replies and thank you Les to putting up that link..Toyota arnt charging me for the brake hubs being "skimmed" , painted or whatever they are doing,,,i would have thought it would have come under warrenty for new ones :( .... i will put a picture up of it later when the rain has gone off........PP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links