Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport 190 Replacement Brake Discs?

SumoDave

Hi all

New to forum so hello everyone.

I have recently purchased a lovely T Sport 190, 2002 model, and love it lots. The only part I dont like is the appearance of the brake discs through the wide spoke alloy wheels. The rear discs are shot and want replacing anyway, and I may also replace the new front ones too, just because they look bad. They show the rust up on the wheel hubs a lot.

I have seen Black Diamond drilled and grooved discs with a special coating to prevent the rust, and they claim better performance too. problem is, I cannot seem to find any confirmation on the correct sizes for this model? Anyone got any clear, accurate info on which ones to get?

Alternatively, if anyone has any other brake disc suggestions, along with a reputable supplier, I would be very interested!

Thanks

Dave :thumbsup:

needforspeed.co.uk are reasonable on price for Discs and Pads. You will need 275mm front Discs for your TS, I'd recommend you avoid drilled Discs as they can crack and get the grooved only. I'm running Red Dot front Discs and have no complaints, I'm told the Black Diamond are prone to rust like the OE Toyota ones. reddotracing.co.uk has a "Tech Talk" section which is very informative.

HTH.

needforspeed.co.uk are reasonable on price for Discs and Pads. You will need 275mm front Discs for your TS, I'd recommend you avoid drilled Discs as they can crack and get the grooved only. I'm running Red Dot front Discs and have no complaints, I'm told the Black Diamond are prone to rust like the OE Toyota ones. reddotracing.co.uk has a "Tech Talk" section which is very informative.

HTH.

Thanks for that Scarlett, I will check them out. Interesting point about the drilled discs too.

Cheers

I have DB grooved disks with BD predator pads on my fronts.

find them better than stock, but its not a WOW improvement, but any improvement as far as brakes are concerned is worth every penny in my opinion

DB Discs

BD predator pads

Personally I would go for the KBD1124-G12-F (grooved only) for and PP-472-F pads for fronts.

If you are also going to do the rears (but not necessary in my opinion as rears only take about 20% of braking force) then you will need KBD1095-G12-R (grooved only) and PP-473-R pads

why the rear discs are more expensive than the fronts, God only knows, as the fronts are double vented discs. the rears are single discs but do have a bigger drum for the handbrake.

btw if you think these discs stay black then forget it. after your first trip they will be shiney silver. however, after over a year in mine, there's no rust, and only slightly will you see a bit of corrosion within the grooves themselves

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links