Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaky Clutch

666katy

Hi Im new to this. I have a T sport which Ive owned for three years for the last two years Ive notice a creak on depressing the clutch. The main dealer said theres nothing wrong with the clutch or the gearbox and it drives fine just a bit irritating. Anyone else have the same problem or is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks for your help

Hello and welcome to TOC

I have changed your post title from "Keys" as the title did not reflect your question.

Have you tried some spray lubricant (WD-40 or similar) on the clutch linkeage in the car?

Hello and welcome to TOC

I have changed your post title from "Keys" as the title did not reflect your question.

Have you tried some spray lubricant (WD-40 or similar) on the clutch linkeage in the car?

Thanks for that

I have tried that and it works for a bit but it returns, it always returns!! Im loathed to let the garage take it to bits if its not needed because it is fine to drive and always has been. They said it might be clutch fork grinding??? Im always suspicious because as soon as they start fiddling about with it you can bet your life they will find something wrong!!

Hi I had this problem.

I mentioned it to the dealer during a service and under warranty they removed the clutch master cylinder, cleaned and lubricated it. Then they bled it out and the clutch pedal does not creek anymore :yahoo:

Had the same problem back end of last year, sprayed it with WD40 and it's just starting to return so I'll be treating it with a more viscuous lubricant this time round.

I guess it's one of the 'characteristics' of our car...

Mine does it....its not really noticable...doesnt bother me at all, to be expected on a 6yr old car TBH

Guys, here in Greece, when a Corolla or a TS edition one displays this problem, at first the mechanics put this spray lubricant and when it continues they change the whole system. Hope u still are in guarrantee time! ;)

Thanks for your replies. I think best to put in some lubricant and leave well alone!!!

Mine creaks as well. Keep meaning to do something about it. Not something I'm overly worried about

Likewise, mine also squeaks. If it doesn't slip or stink all the time I wouldn't worry too much about it! :D

Mine too,

just started about 2/3 months ago just a light creaking as if a hinge on joint has dried up. Doesnt affect the driving at all, but coming up to warranty out time in November, so might get them to take a look sooner rather than later...

I just dont like leaving the car in with them. Last time i did it i came back to find 16.5 miles had been added to the car... lets just say p i $ $ e d wasnt the word... someone got it in the ear that day alright....

Mine too,

just started about 2/3 months ago just a light creaking as if a hinge on joint has dried up. Doesnt affect the driving at all, but coming up to warranty out time in November, so might get them to take a look sooner rather than later...

I just dont like leaving the car in with them. Last time i did it i came back to find 16.5 miles had been added to the car... lets just say p i $ $ e d wasnt the word... someone got it in the ear that day alright....

Thats exactly how mine feels too, just very 'dry'. I had Toyota look at it and all they have done was lube it up, but that was just a temporary fix as it's creaking again. Doesn't affect the drive of my car either.

I replied again as when Mr T had my car for a similar job 11 miles were added to the car with an average of low 20's mpg, which I wasn't amused at all at :angry:

Apparently Toyota mechanics enjoy lift too :censor:

Mine too,

Thats exactly how mine feels too, just very 'dry'. I had Toyota look at it and all they have done was lube it up, but that was just a temporary fix as it's creaking again. Doesn't affect the drive of my car either.

I replied again as when Mr T had my car for a similar job 11 miles were added to the car with an average of low 20's mpg, which I wasn't amused at all at :angry:

No doubt they "needed" to test it was working ok :lol:

Mine too,

No doubt they "needed" to test it was working ok :lol:

Lol! That'll be why they couldn't experience what I was complaining at, as my issue was at 4k RPM as appose to 6+! :rolleyes:

i always thought it was the clutch release bearing rather than the master cylinder/slave cylinder.

Hi Im new to this. I have a T sport which Ive owned for three years for the last two years Ive notice a creak on depressing the clutch. The main dealer said theres nothing wrong with the clutch or the gearbox and it drives fine just a bit irritating. Anyone else have the same problem or is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks for your help

search the forum - this has been covered MANY times!

its the master cylinder - part was upgraded. never spray WD40 on clutch components - thats what cowboys and people who dont know better do.

it is annoying and not all dealers recognise the problem even tho its on the toyota system as a common fault.

never spray WD40 on clutch components - thats what cowboys and people who dont know better do.

WD-40 can be used on external clutch linkages to prevent creaking :cowboy::2guns: ....................................You should NOT allow WD-40 to come into contact with the friction surfaces

Ive already had my clutch release bearing replaced after about 3 months, new set has been fine ever since, it was a different type of squeaking though you could tell it was a remote noise.

This now feels like its right on the clutch pedal lever, it even sounds like its from the pedal lever - is that what everyone else has??

never spray WD40 on clutch components - thats what cowboys and people who dont know better do.

WD-40 can be used on external clutch linkages to prevent creaking :cowboy::2guns: ....................................You should NOT allow WD-40 to come into contact with the friction surfaces

shoot me down!! this is a common fault and very easily rectified, you clearly have no experience of the t sport and the lil problems it has - nevermind how to rectify them. if you dont know you shouldnt post. poor advice is worse than none - so i think its you that wants shooting.

shoot me down!! this is a common fault and very easily rectified, you clearly have no experience of the t sport and the lil problems it has - nevermind how to rectify them. if you dont know you shouldnt post. poor advice is worse than none - so i think its you that wants shooting.

So if my car has this creak and i take it to Toyota, (out of warranty), should toyota be fixing this for free? or should i have to pay? is it an "inherrant" fault with the car?

So if my car has this creak and i take it to Toyota, (out of warranty), should toyota be fixing this for free? or should i have to pay? is it an "inherrant" fault with the car?

depends how good the dealer is. they should replace for free as they have admitted the first wasnt up to the job by upgrading the part. if they arent so good mention trading standards............ but you shouldnt have to go that far especially if you have bought the car there or are a customer.

hey guys, i noticed this when i got mine last year, let me guess its fine untill u change at anything over 4000 rpm?

took mine in and they said it was the clutch release bearing which i think someone mentioned earlier, they fitted me a new clutch and it does still make that noise, was talking to the cheif mechanic down my dealer and he said its just what they do, they cant get rid of it but he said if you ever notice its got worse then tell them, prob means it is actually on its way out!!

adds to the character of the car :s lol

hey guys, i noticed this when i got mine last year, let me guess its fine untill u change at anything over 4000 rpm?

took mine in and they said it was the clutch release bearing which i think someone mentioned earlier, they fitted me a new clutch and it does still make that noise, was talking to the cheif mechanic down my dealer and he said its just what they do, they cant get rid of it but he said if you ever notice its got worse then tell them, prob means it is actually on its way out!!

yea thats the one and its annoying me:/

i bought the car 2nd hand and not from toyota so not sure how favourable they would look on it. there are some master cylinders or whatever on eBay though if you wanted to source one..dont know if they are the uprated part however.

• 4 weeks later...

yea thats the one and its annoying me:/

i bought the car 2nd hand and not from toyota so not sure how favourable they would look on it. there are some master cylinders or whatever on eBay though if you wanted to source one..dont know if they are the uprated part however.

fixed

uprated master cylinder fitted this morning. 1 hour job, no more squeek on clutch press.

part was £85+vat

labour £40 at toyotech oldham. big :)

Mine only creaks on cold days.

Can't say it bothers me too much, once in Lift the engine and exhaust noise drown it out!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links