Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Rattle

stompe

Hi all,

On my 2006 Prius I have an annoying rattle which seems to come from around the speedometer area/dash area. Not all the time but mainly on the rumble strips to warn you to slow down (not speed humps) and uneven surfaces at or around 20/30mph. If any other Prius owners have experienced this noise and have located it, please can you share it so as to restore my sanity?

Thanks,

Stompe

:thumbsup:

:blushing: This sounds kinda dumb but have you checked you don't have a loose pen in the cubbyhole under the radio - or the drawers between the front seats...

:g: Can you reproduce it by putting the shift into P but not putting the footbrake on and then rocking the car?

Sounds most unToyota like to have a rattle behind the dash...so fingers crossed it's something simple!

The Prius is a very quiet car to drive. You should have no rattles. Take everything out of the glovebox and all cubby holes have a drive and see if the rattle has gone. Then, put the front seats as far back as they will go and check under the seats, then lie under the dash and see if you can see anything obviously loose or any forein objects like pens as Jon FB suggests. If you find nothing and the rattle persists have a trip to Mr T.

Thanks guys. I have tried your suggestions but still have the annoying rattle. I think it is time to take it to Mr. Toyota.

Stompe

The thin narrow strip of plastic that runs across the top of the instrument display on mine rattles like mad when I go across rumble strips. You can even see the piece moving. This could very well be your problem too. I'll probably be booking mine in soon for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links