Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla GTi specs

tronz ax gt

This is my first post on the site, nice club guys!

I know a lda that claims his corolla Gti will do 140mph in 4th gear....does anyone know the official stats for this car, id like to shut him up!;)

OK well, I know this isn't an official site but it backs up my beliefs anyway....

I thought 140 for an old Corolla GTI was pushing it although without knowing what year, and what extras he's done to the car I could be proved wrong. I doubt very much a Corolla GTI could do 140 in 4th unless it was the silver one from Fensport which wouldn't surprise me at all however unlikely.

If it's the old shape I've just come across this comment on the web....

"I'm unsure of the build dates of the Corolla, I know that many were produced in the early 1990's. Engine wise it consisted of a 1587cc, 4-cylinder lump, with 16 valves and fuel injection. In earlier models this produced 120bhp @ 6600rpm, this was increased in later variants to 129bhp. This could push the Corolla to a top speed of around 125mph, with 60mph being reached in around 8 seconds. Holding it to the road were 5 1/2 x 14" rims with Dunlop tyres, and braking was provided by discs all round."

HTH

I've was once a passenger in a 92 gti (129bhp standard) at 135mph private road of course,still seemed to be plenty in reserve as well

• 5 weeks later...

I'm new here, but i own a Rolla Gti, 1990 129bhp version and its got a few subtle mods (and some not so subtle), i reckon on a long enough road it will hit 140mph easily in 5th but not in 4th, my Wife had it at about 135 full of holiday gear on the way home from Cornwall earlier this year but and a big but, the speedo will be out by a fair degree as it starts misleading at 110mph !

Not rubbing your nose in it but even in stock form it'll beat your AX in the long run !

Originally posted by ep82

They’re quicker than a Yaris or a Sera though. :D:D:D

Hmmm.

I'm doing something about that - Starlet Turbo on its way from Japan which will sacified at dawn and its engine placed in the sacred engine bay of my Sera...

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a couple of gear boxes in my corolla GTi (which is now shagged!) and the orginal box would do about 110mph - 120mph depending on weight and road. With the six speed G6R box 4th was about 105mph but the closer ratios helped get past 100 easy. 5th would be lucky to reach 140Mph yet alone 4th.

But they are fast for the 1600cc they have. Leaving most GTi's for dust. I even had a Renault 5 T once but i think he was just a **** driver? could a GTi 1600 beat a 1400 turbo? Any one know the 1/4 mile for the R5T?

:D

i have a 91 gti and i too have had 140mph in 5th but 4th was only about 115 hitting the limiter however after putting 17's on it struggled to top 130

i have rmedied this tho with a simple mod..........................300bhp of 3S-GTE:D

gotta laugh but how the hell did fitting 17's reduce your top speed and acceleration they're only 1mm difference in rolling radius which is sometimes less of a difference between new tread and worn out tread on a stock 14/60 tyre, unless you had some off road tyres, or they were solid steel rims and weighed a ton each ?

although they have a larger footprint (wider) that offers little in the way of overall resistance but much better cornering and stability combined with the stiffer side wall....

i went from 14's to 17's i actualy put an old 14 against the 17 and there was about 3/4 to 1" difference!! so yes it does put your speedo out

thats bizarre....

All the wheel/tyre websites that run comparison prog's and charts and also by placing my old stock 14x60 wheel & tyre against my 17x40 show no visible difference !?>?>????:o:o

and if it were that much bigger it would slow your acceleration but increase your top end.

here is the results of comparing a 195/60-14 against a 205/40-17

Specification....Sidewall....Radius....Diameter....Circumference....Revs/Mile...Difference

195/60-14..........4.6in..........11.6in..........23.2in..........72.9in..........869..........0.0%

205/40-17..........3.2in..........11.7in..........23.5in..........73.7in..........860..........1.1%

as you can see only the circumference is about 1" diff and thats not really a concern the radius or diameter is....0.1" !

If however you didnt do you homework and bought 45 profile tyres its a different story !

204/45-14..........3.6in..........10.6in..........21.2in..........66.7in..........950..........-8.5%

???? i reckon if you can see an inch difference you got the wrong tyres. :(

no the tyres are 40's but any way it dosnt matter now the other day i took it out (on private road of course) and got 143mph with 1500 rpm to go and it was still pulling strong and befor you say "what about speedo inacuracy the readin was taken off a callibrated blitz performance id meter:P

• 5 months later...
They’re quicker than a Yaris or a Sera though. :D:D:D

Hey

do u knwo much about the sera cuz i just got one and i have been having trouble with the engine i am not sure weather i should keep the stock 1.5 and put the garret t20 in as planned or upgrade the engine i would like to keep the stock motor as i already pain 1200 for a titainium manifold if this fails what engine would be best suited for the sera i want to have some power idealy 130- 150 front wheel kilowtts

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links