Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius T Spirit Radio Muting

surfingatco

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered before but does anyone have a problem with the T Spirit radio (6 CD changer one) in that when I have it set up to receive traffic alerts via local radio stations (TP), every so often the radio mutes for a second as if there's a traffic announcement coming in, but then resumes without a traffic alert?

Toyota have replaced the unit under warranty (it also had a CD stuck in the changer) but the problem still persists. I'm booked in for them to have another look on 6th Aug, but wondered if it is a design fault, or have I set up "TP" properly?

BTW, 58.6 mpg last tankful, after getting a max 53.7mpg since I bought it last year!

Thanks

Mine's the same, but so was my Volvo previously. I assume it locks onto a weak traffic channel then drops it

Mine's the same, but so was my Volvo previously. I assume it locks onto a weak traffic channel then drops it

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear, but I suspected that's what it was. I'll let you know how I get on after my next visit to WKB Waterlooville.

[Mine's the same I'm afraid, but so was my previous car, an MG ZT-T. I just asumed it was par for the course, but I'd be interested to hear how you get on @ WKB.

My previous car, an Audi S4, was just the same too.... Sometimes it would mute a few times in a couple of miles. I was hoping that would be a thing of the past. I pick up my TSpirit mext month.

Ahhh... who cares? As long as I get more than 12mpg on my way home from work, I'll be smiling.

In my experience that is normal when the radio detects a Traffic announcement but is out of range to receive the traffic broadcast.

I doubt if the dealer will find anything wrong with your radio................................Interested to find if they do :thumbsup:

In my experience that is normal when the radio detects a Traffic announcement but is out of range to receive the traffic broadcast.

I doubt if the dealer will find anything wrong with your radio................................Interested to find if they do :thumbsup:

It's as if they:

Haven't heard of the problem before (unlikely) or,

It's a known fault but don't want to admit it.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment, and they've gone to the trouble (and expense) of giving me a courtesy car for the third time tomorrow, which would seem unnecessary if they knew about the problem and explained to me that it just happens!

Hopefully I'll be back to report in a couple of days.

BTW, got 59mpg reading yesterday!

Well, it's as a few of you suspected - the radio trying to pick up weak signals then dropping them - although the garage said they hadn't experienced the "fault" before, as they said around 80% of their customers don't use the traffic alerts. They finally diagnosed it by taking out a Prius demonstrator and found that it happened with them. They are going to send a report to Toyota and I'll report back when I get a reply.

In the meantime I suppose I'll just put up with it :(

Thanks for all your responses!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links