Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Common Rail Pressure Sensor

graystep

I have a Toyota Avensis D4D T Spirit early 2004, and looking to purchase a tuning/chip kit.

Apparently they fit to the common rail pressure sensor, I need to find out how many pins the connection has either 3 or 6, I think I;ve found the connection, is it on the right of the common rail, grey connector, pretty well hidden.

If this is the sensor connection, any idea how to get it off, I can barely get my fingers to it, so how your supposed to get to is anyones guess.

Any help will most welcome

Thanks

I have a Toyota Avensis D4D T Spirit early 2004, and looking to purchase a tuning/chip kit.

Apparently they fit to the common rail pressure sensor, I need to find out how many pins the connection has either 3 or 6, I think I;ve found the connection, is it on the right of the common rail, grey connector, pretty well hidden.

If this is the sensor connection, any idea how to get it off, I can barely get my fingers to it, so how your supposed to get to is anyones guess.

Thanks

hi

this sensor nature is to measure P inside the RAIL - so it is easy to locate it.

cheers/Igor

Not sure about the Avensis but on my common rail on the Auris T180 there is a Pressure sensor (6 pin) on one end of the rail (left hand) and on the other end is another plug (3 pin). (pressure limiter valve ??)

The Tuning boxes (ie Tunit), that work by fooling the ECU to over fuel by misrepresenting the pressure within the rail, plug into the pressure sensor valve. On the Auris this is the 6 way plug, to get it off you have to "squeeze" the plug releases (at the wiring end) on the plug then pull.

Apologies if the Avensis is totally different but this might help.

Thanks guys, but I think I will give up, no where seems to be able to tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for, should be plug & play!

When I take off the engine cover, there is a grey connection on the right of the common rail, but can't get to it, so I'm hoping this isn't it, however, I'm not sure what to look for now, there are connectors everywhere within the area of the common rail!

I notice the turbo sensor is labelled shame the others aren't!

Thanks for your input.

Thanks

The pressure sensor is at the left hand end of the common rail (2.2, looking in from front) it has a multi connector which has a tab under that needs lifting to unplug, one of the easiest to get to I have come across!

I yours is a different design, the sensor is nearly always at the end of the common rail and fairly obvious.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links