Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fao: Those Against Getting Rid Of The T-sport Forums

Kev Mc

Will everybody please stop **** crying about this? The forums never used to have T-Sport sections & they were brought in without notice. A lot of people (myself included) thought it was a really, really poor idea to bring them in because as I've said a load of times, they gave people with a less expensive version the impression they were no longer welcome. Some people moaned but eventually everyone got on with things.

Now some T-Sport owners are going to have to spend a few seconds longer to find something. Well boo-****-hoo, if it makes more members feel welcome then it's the lesser of 2 evils in my book. The management are never going to please everyone so they've got to make some decisions, they felt it was a good decision to introduce those forums then realised it was a bad 1 so took them away again. You don't hear Paseo, Sera, Starlet or Glanza owners crying about being in the same category, you don't hear Camry owners crying about being put in "Toyota Executive" instead of having a Camry section. What about drivers of cars with loads of different marques such as Supras, who's cars are all thrown in together despite being extremely different, do they whinge about it all the time? Do they bollócks. They realise it's just the **** internet & get on with their life.

Now stop throwing your toys out of the pram & **** get on with life, you're acting like a bunch of pathetic spoilt kids who've had their favourite toy taken away. For **** sake, if this is how you all react to something so trivial, I'd hate to see you deal with a real problem

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nickw

• Norfolk n Chance

• Hou

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have this made into a sticky please?

Agreed ! ubiked off with all the different posts about a fait accompli :wacko:

Will everybody please stop **** crying about this? The forums never used to have T-Sport sections & they were brought in without notice. A lot of people (myself included) thought it was a really, really poor idea to bring them in because as I've said a load of times, they gave people with a less expensive version the impression they were no longer welcome. Some people moaned but eventually everyone got on with things.

Now some T-Sport owners are going to have to spend a few seconds longer to find something. Well boo-****-hoo, if it makes more members feel welcome then it's the lesser of 2 evils in my book. The management are never going to please everyone so they've got to make some decisions, they felt it was a good decision to introduce those forums then realised it was a bad 1 so took them away again. You don't hear Paseo, Sera, Starlet or Glanza owners crying about being in the same category, you don't hear Camry owners crying about being put in "Toyota Executive" instead of having a Camry section. What about drivers of cars with loads of different marques such as Supras, who's cars are all thrown in together despite being extremely different, do they whinge about it all the time? Do they bollócks. They realise it's just the **** internet & get on with their life.

Now stop throwing your toys out of the pram & **** get on with life, you're acting like a bunch of pathetic spoilt kids who've had their favourite toy taken away. For **** sake, if this is how you all react to something so trivial, I'd hate to see you deal with a real problem

There's the nice friendly TOC banter we all know and love!! :lol:

Your comments make me feel very un-welcome and alienated as a T Sport owner! :lol2:

For God's sake, give them back their forums.

And please can we have an MR2 T-Bar section while you're about it; it's so unfair making us share a section with the coupe owners!

For God's sake, give them back their forums.

And please can we have an MR2 T-Bar section while you're about it; it's so unfair making us share a section with the coupe owners!

See? a mod agrees too! :lol2:

;)

Ever since the Sub forums were created I had a lot of suggestions from other members about removing them. Too many suggestions in fact. This wasn't an idea i had suddenly out of the blue, it was brought to the attention of the team some time ago and was agreed that these need to come off. I never knew that this would cause a lot of problems and upset some members. I apologise for this.

The T-sport really doesn't warrant it's own section though, afterall it is just a modification between the exsisting models and the T-sport.

However, what I do see the need is to split the car models up slightly so suit models ( as in Mark 1 and mark 2 etc) The yaris now has 2 models and needs splitting up in my opinion. But until i get the agreement from the team or everyone ask for these sections to be split then I will happily add this.

I am happy to listen to you guys, let the team talk and discuss with you and then we can work out something to make everyone happy.

Ever since the Sub forums were created I had a lot of suggestions from other members about removing them. Too many suggestions in fact. This wasn't an idea i had suddenly out of the blue, it was brought to the attention of the team some time ago and was agreed that these need to come off. I never knew that this would cause a lot of problems and upset some members. I apologise for this.

The T-sport really doesn't warrant it's own section though, afterall it is just a modification between the exsisting models and the T-sport.

However, what I do see the need is to split the car models up slightly so suit models ( as in Mark 1 and mark 2 etc) The yaris now has 2 models and needs splitting up in my opinion. But until i get the agreement from the team or everyone ask for these sections to be split then I will happily add this.

I am happy to listen to you guys, let the team talk and discuss with you and then we can work out something to make everyone happy.

i don't think it's the problem too much gettin rid of the t sport section, it's the fact there's so many marks of corolla an it makes it hard to find info regarding each individuals marks of corolla, so would it be possible to split it in to different marks of corolla, like you've mentioned bout???

At the moment both the moderating team and management are discussing how the future of the boards will look, we are discussing and looking at various ideas, when we have come up with something(s) we think will keep EVERYONE happy a post will no doubt be made and your feedback welcomed, but please be patient as not everyone is online at the at time, so the ideas that are there at the moment will be added to as and when other members of the team have posted their ideas, hopefully it won't take too long... but rest assured we are trying to get it sorted out to everyones satisfaction ASAP.

All it takes if someone wants to make a post about a specific varient of their car - "T-Sport", or whatever that is unique or specific to that model is to stick "T-Sport" or whatever into the Topic description - makes it lot easier to find anyway on a search.

The RAV4s have got 3 quite different models as well as the Sporty one and we don't moan about them all lumped into one - for example, if we had a "T180" section, the lower class owners wouldn't read about all the woes on the Run Flat Tyres ;) - and the T180 section would only have one thread - called "RFT Blues" :)

A bit of self-discipline goes a long way :eek:

oh Im sorry, do you still post on here Moff?

Yes ! He's just given me a polite Boxxxxking for staying on topic on the random Topic thread :lol: :D :lol2: :laughing::naughty:

Your comments make me feel very un-welcome and alienated as a T Sport owner! :lol2:

Well Norfolk n Chance, maybe if we drove a crap car that you see on every road we may feel like this. Any idea what a Toyota Golf is ? Is it some kind of mongrel ?

Well Norfolk n Chance, maybe if we drove a crap car that you see on every road we may feel like this. Any idea what a Toyota Golf is ? Is it some kind of mongrel ?

Enough with the personal insults please - a car is a car and Kev, being an ex-Toyota owner, is very welcome on TOC as is anyone regardless of what car they drive.

It's been a long while since i've been visiting the site daily - i'm sure other regulars will be thinking the same

+1 for more arguments/personal insults please!

Makes the site more fun and interesting :D !

It's been a long while since i've been visiting the site daily - i'm sure other regulars will be thinking the same

Me too. Its funny how some people have to puff out their chests and say alot about nothing. Do you know what a Toyota Golf GT is ? I googled it but I am none the wiser.

Me too. Its funny how some people have to puff out their chests and say alot about nothing. Do you know what a Toyota Golf GT is ? I googled it but I am none the wiser.

My chests big enough thanks..... ;)

My chests big enough thanks..... ;)

Well I would not know but I am sure its impressive. I was not talking about you though. I was talking about the chaps that stick there necks out and don't have any thing constructive to say. Do you know what a Toyota Golf is ?

Oh please, let's all take the mick out of somebody because they drive a VW & are a member of a Toyota club. How old are you?

For the record, I sat in a Corolla T-Sport at a Toyota dealer with more than enough money sitting in my bank account waiting to spend on my next car. I went & bought a Golf instead so don't start calling it crap because I turned down a version of your car because it wasn't good enough so keep your mouth shut as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Oh please, let's all take the mick out of somebody because they drive a VW & are a member of a Toyota club. How old are you?

For the record, I sat in a Corolla T-Sport at a Toyota dealer with more than enough money sitting in my bank account waiting to spend on my next car. I went & bought a Golf instead so don't start calling it crap because I turned down a version of your car because it wasn't good enough so keep your mouth shut as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

It would appear that two people in this post could be asked how old they are.

You're pee'd as he's taking the mick for you not owning a Toyota and you respond by deeming the Corolla T Sport not good enough.

Pots & Kettles anyone??

I'm not afraid to pop my toaster on people.....

Please be nice to each other! :)

Run for the hills!!!

Em's about to pop her toaster!!! :lol:

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links