Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Baby Seat And Airbags

shamz

Hi All,

Wanted some advice. I bought a car seat for the baby (rear facing) and was advised to disable the airbags. On my corolla 1.6 (2005) there is a switch that disables airbags. Question is there are airbags on the doors etc..I do not know if these get disabled. Where can I find out?

Thanks

S

It is usually only the front passenger seat airbag that has to be disabled and only if you are using that seat for the child car seat.

Each manufacturer works in a different way. Citroen Give you a key slot that you can turn the airbag on and off with. Mazda make you buy their branded child seat as it has a transponder in it that disables the airbag when the seat is in place (the airbag is normally activated by a pressure sensor in the seat).

My Verso has pressure sensors in the seat to activate the airbag, so I would guess it works the same as the Mazda system and you have to buy a Toyota branded seat to disable the airbag ( I could be wrong though).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links