Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Backbox Fitted!

-T- Sport

Yea, so it's fitted now!

Was a bugger to get off as peple have previously mentioned, the bolts needed a ton of WD40! Once they were out the rubber was just fiddly to get it off.

The TTE box however was on within a few minutes! I love it, the Videos do it no justice. But here's some just to give you an idea! :thumbsup:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Few random pics of it too!

30082008178.jpg

30082008179.jpg

30082008180.jpg

30082008181.jpg

30082008182.jpg

:thumbsup:

OMG YES!!!! that sounds friggin awesome!!!! im so jealous of you dude! i still have few weeks till i get mine!

but that sounds like a full system kind of. im suprised a back box on its own gives that kind of sound!

oh mannn! are ppl gonna turn their heads when you drive around the streets!

Sorry to mis-inform you mate but it has a K&N Typhoon induction kit too.

Alot of the noise you hear from a distance is the K&N. The Box does make a nice noise though :D

wow i love it!! very nice indeed!

Why thankyou! :D

ahh youre all chuffed with yourself!! how much if ya dont mind me asking??? i wonder if i could get something along the lines of that for my corolla???

Not too sure on whether TTE do something for yours or not, Could always check!

It cost me £237 in total. Fitted it myself so no labour charges etc. Yay for TTE expensiveness.

Alot of the noise you hear from a distance is the K&N. The Box does make a nice noise though :D

ohhh i seeee. still im impressed by the box itself the first video of just the exhaust sounds great!

hmm i might need to look into the typhoon....i hear so many ppl have it, must be a big deal!

how much for the typhoon did you pay?

i checked the website there, and they dont seem to have one. :( speaking of tte being expensive i actually enquired about the tte front bumper and rear spoiler off that very website. so went to toyota dealership, and he said it would be about 900 for the two including delivery. i got the two of them off eBay for 300 including delivery. :D

ohhh i seeee. still im impressed by the box itself the first video of just the exhaust sounds great!

hmm i might need to look into the typhoon....i hear so many ppl have it, must be a big deal!

Not too sure on the price for a Typhoon for the 1.6, but for mine it was just shy of £180 new. again, Pricey. You'll get the same sort of noise and gains from an A'Pexi for half the price. :thumbsup:

Not too sure on the price for a Typhoon for the 1.6, but for mine it was just shy of £180 new. again, Pricey. You'll get the same sort of noise and gains from an A'Pexi for half the price. :thumbsup:

wow 180! of the a'pexi? cool i will look into that. thanks

the spoiler is about 180 from TTE and i want to get that tooo!

man are TTE bunch of expensives b*stards lolll

but i guess its worth it at the end of day!

thanks again

We really need to get this rolling road day sorted so we can see once and for all if the Apexi (on Norfolks) does match the Typhoon on the CTS.

IMO the noise in the vid is almost all exhaust, my old back box was getting baffly and sounded blowy, the TTE was a huge improvement, i can remember the Mrs driving off (with me in another car) thinking she won't like that noise :lol: 1hr later the Typhoon was on so she probably forgot about the exhaust :lol::yahoo:

There's a mobile RR at Japshow this year. I was considering using that, but then changed my mind and thought we may aswellstill make a day out of it with lotsa members! :D

As long as I break the 200 barrier I'll be happy. :lol:

There's a mobile RR at Japshow this year. I was considering using that, but then changed my mind and thought we may aswellstill make a day out of it with lotsa members! :D

As long as I break the 200 barrier I'll be happy. :lol:

Are you going to burn her if you dont :lol:

i love it, if i wasnt skint id get one asap!

looks and sound sgreat;)

Nice job, T-Sport, looks great with the red!! :thumbsup:

Yours seems to hang nice and straight too, did you do anything to it or just luck of the draw?

Oh, and did you just replace the gasket, or did you use any sort of sealant, just I'm not sure if mines blowing a tad so might take a look this afternoon??

Enjoy it matey! :D

I just did a straight swap for now mate, No sealant.

It's just the way it looks! It is wonky just like yours, don't worry! :lol:

I took another random video when out ealier in a multi-story, was a bit busy so couldn't exactly rag the balls out of it :P

yes, she pulled straight out of a give way on me :P

I just did a straight swap for now mate, No sealant.

It's just the way it looks! It is wonky just like yours, don't worry! :lol:

I took another random video when out ealier in a multi-story, was a bit busy so couldn't exactly rag the balls out of it :P

yes, she pulled straight out of a give way on me :P

This vid shows the downside to the VVTLI - Just about to hit Lift and you run out of road :lol:

You made me chuckle with those squeaky laughs and the "weeeee" heading down the ramp :lol::thumbsup:

Nice of that woman to try and wipe you out stupid :censor: :ffs:

This vid shows the downside to the VVTLI - Just about to hit Lift and you run out of road :lol:

You made me chuckle with those squeaky laughs and the "weeeee" heading down the ramp :lol::thumbsup:

Haha, That was my Mrs, Not be by the way! :P

I could have hit oift ealier, as you may see by the video I didn't just plant it, was trying to get some exhaust notes. lo.

But yes... Silly women just drove right over the line and out, then looked right to see me.... :lol:

Haha, That was my Mrs, Not be by the way! :P

I could have hit oift ealier, as you may see by the video I didn't just plant it, was trying to get some exhaust notes. lo.

But yes... Silly women just drove right over the line and out, then looked right to see me.... :lol:

man that sounded awesome! but im guessing the majority of the roar was from the typhoon kit right?

Does it sound much louder or deeper than the standard box. it doesnt really sound like it does to me on the vids posted by various people on here. although its hard to tell as you can turn up and ddown Speakers and subs etc

As I've said previously, To know what it sounds like you have to hear it for yourself and not through Speakers.

It is louder than the standard exhaust however.

Superjim - Most of it was the exhaust in that one actually, I was trying to keep the induction noise down!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links