Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me & The Type R!

farhanali89

Was fortunate today to have a run with a type R, i beleive the only thing the type r had was an induction kit and that was it.

Now i am going to be as honest as possible which will bring up arguments however.

Firstly from rolling start it was neck on neck for a few split seconds i pulled in front first and then straight after the type r came back neck on neck and jumped in front. about a cars length.

I was behind him on a stop start and kept up all the way till around 60 and there after he pulled away maybe 2 car lenghts.

On a stop start next to him i reckon 0-60 ill be infront maybe but he will catch up.

Overall the type r did stay in front and it was quick its a close call but they are faster.

Im running completely standard at the moment however removed spare wheel.

I reckon with a few bhp more and a bit more torque it will be neck on neck.

Leave this to the compressors to chew for the moment.

sounds good

im looking to buy a cts or ctr, are you a new cts owner? if so how is it?

what are the in gear top speeds of ts?

really liking the sound of them

chris

sounds good

chris

Hi there i am a new owner, maybe i need to get used to the car still as my driving wasnt spot on and i am not tottaly familiar with down gearing and leaving it in lift etc. However i would recommend the car if you use your car to travel alot and dont want something like a type r get a CTS. however i love my cts and tbh honest if you are really goign to always race get a type r if you want to modify it and get the speed up but otherwise its a hard choice. I would say test drive them both and see what you are comfortable with.

sounds good

chris

Hi there i am a new owner, maybe i need to get used to the car still as my driving wasnt spot on and i am not tottaly familiar with down gearing and leaving it in lift etc. However i would recommend the car if you use your car to travel alot and dont want something like a type r get a CTS. however i love my cts and tbh honest if you are really goign to always race get a type r if you want to modify it and get the speed up but otherwise its a hard choice. I would say test drive them both and see what you are comfortable with.

The type r is quicker, but personally i dont care coz I have a car which stands out! I see atleast 2-3 civic type r's a day, and thats just in harrow LOL says alot about our t-sport, in 1 year of owning the car i have probably seen a total of 3 :lol:

Remember that lads :thumbsup:

Yea thats one thing i love about my car its exclusive! I swapped a thumbs up with the ctr owner however he didnt expect it to be so close

I think tho ill be doing something later to get better mid power.

Yea thats one thing i love about my car its exclusive! I swapped a thumbs up with the ctr owner however he didnt expect it to be so close

I think tho ill be doing something later to get better mid power.

obviously dependant on the driver and the factory roll out spec on the cts .. its always been known that up to 60 thats its pretty much neck and neck.. and after that the civic will pul away slightly

what you've mentioned is just that and given ur car is totally stock that shows youve gota a fantastic base model!

wish i could have a play with more type r's but everytime i tail one or see one at the lights they never seem interested! maybe they r just scared of something they dont know..

gear speeds.... 1st 40mph 2nd 65mph and im sure 3rd is 90mph not sure on 4th and 5th ;)

personally i would get a type r if i had the choice now , ive had runs with them many times and they are faster, been in my mates and when the ivtec kicks in is more aggresive than our lift and there set up chassis and steering is better but i wont go too much into detail.

im happy with my cts but if i had the choice then type r it would be. why not look for a dc5 ? or a compressor ?

CTR drives better and is quicker (slightly)

But, the ride is bone shaking, lots of them have No Air Con or Fog lights, nice car for the odd blast, but a bit to hardcore for me & they have a real chav reputation forming.

You can go anywhere (ish) in a CTS and the police & locals will leave it alone, the same cant be said for the CTR.

CTR drives better and is quicker (slightly)

But, the ride is bone shaking, lots of them have No Air Con or Fog lights, nice car for the odd blast, but a bit to hardcore for me & they have a real chav reputation forming.

You can go anywhere (ish) in a CTS and the police & locals will leave it alone, the same cant be said for the CTR.

Well said...

I would never change my cts, alot of you will know like ck man and some other users i could make choices for cars for nearly a year however been dedicated to buy one. I bought a bmw first but barely drive it now my sister uses the car more. I wouldnt change my cts for anything. I reckon i will keep it for a long time and then look to buy something else in the future but keep my tttt-sport!

I will modify it charge it later on in the future but being young i want a kit car and i have the bmw for the summer days!

Ckmans cts would i reckon either nudge infront of a ctr or be direct on par his car must be damn quick.

Kangzy no1s gna play with you buddy haha!! Your compressor looks aggresive i wouldnt want to have a run with that!

yeh i wudnt mind having a run with a Type R now, its weird bcos i havnt seen for a few days "Few Days" thats how common they r, whereas our cars we wud b lucky to see one every 2 months :D

Will let u guys go if i see one on the track :P

hi.

i am from budapest.i have drag race with civic type-r FN2 1/4 ITS WAS same my time was 15.1 and his one was 15.6 the new type r its not so good befor i want to buy the type-r its was cost to much and if u see TS its was same time its only 1 or 2 sec faster type-r.one of my friend have ts same like me 2005 ts he beats type-r he have some modification his ts is faster then my TS.so type -r i dont think its good choice but if i would go nissan skyline line or supra :thumbsup:

Very good point.

If I was stupid, I would simply go out and buy an Impreza.

Stupidly cheap to buy, but stupidly expensive to run!

Really liking the idea of a CTS but dont want to get one and wish I purchased a CTR.

Difficult choice.

Very good point.

If I was stupid, I would simply go out and buy an Impreza.

Stupidly cheap to buy, but stupidly expensive to run!

Really liking the idea of a CTS but dont want to get one and wish I purchased a CTR.

Difficult choice.

It is a difficult choice like mate, one I spent ages mulling on.

It really depends on your type of driving, whether it's hours daily on a motorway, or like me, just a few miles.

If you want moderate comfort, plenty of toys and a well built car (I'm talking body work here, as I've found the Honda's I owned had rust) then try the CTS - cheap to buy, run and rare. It's no slouch either!! :D

OR, if like me you don't care how fast a car is in a straight line (that's what yank cars are for!), but enjoy responsive handling, fairly quick and the grin factor, try the Type R. Yeah, they are common, but to be fair that wouldn't put me off. Unless it's a Clio...... :lol:

I'd defo test drive them both though if you can before making any decisions. I've tried them both, bot at the time an 05 CTR was £13k and My 05 CTS was £9k and for me there wasn't four grand difference between them.

Best of luck with the choice!! :thumbsup:

Insurance costs put me off the type R, although they have better performance, handling and tunability:/ its true sorry CTS guys!

with a few choice mods the CTS can be 9/10's a CTR imo, but you can choose how soft or firm you want the car, unlike the CTR which is already quite firm.

you pay for 4 grand for CTR just bit better car then CTS dont forget its cts 1.8 CTR 2.0 power is like same u can say only 2 sec faster .its just 2 sec betwhen thisa to cars CTR faster i bit this it . i like also CTr but u dont see to many CTS in road. but u see many CTR thats what i like on CTS i dont pay

chris as your from middlesbrough , they is a tidy cts in red at evans halshaw A66 next to mcdonaulds 05 reg 20k miles , 7grand go give it a test drive, wont cost ya a penny

I have seen it mate, went over to have a look. its very nice. going to test drive it when i have more time. really like the red.

Been telling my missus about the pros and cons of different cars.

My pros for CTS are;

timing CHAIN

toyota reliability

grp 14 ins

better fuel economy

lower tax

not a common chav car

nice looking

just need to make the big decision!

oh, and her cars engine seized last week....she is getting my big diesel vectra for her and baby....i get a new toy.

btw...

anyone have a CTS and kids??

what are they like for baby seats in the rear.

My kids are on booster seats now, so not sure about baby seats.

However used to have no problems getting a baby seat in the back of my old Yaris, and the CTS is bigger!

:thumbsup:

my mam has used the cts all of the past year with a baby seat in the back with no problems.

chris did the red cts have any extras inside ? leather or sat nav ?

sounds like you need a compressor!lol

I have seen it mate, went over to have a look. its very nice. going to test drive it when i have more time. really like the red.

Been telling my missus about the pros and cons of different cars.

My pros for CTS are;

timing CHAIN

toyota reliability

grp 14 ins

better fuel economy

lower tax

not a common chav car

nice looking

just need to make the big decision!

oh, and her cars engine seized last week....she is getting my big diesel vectra for her and baby....i get a new toy.

btw...

anyone have a CTS and kids??

what are they like for baby seats in the rear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links