Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me & The Type R!

farhanali89

Chris the best advice i could offer to you, being a new owner of a t-sport is.

How do you intend to use your car, do you often need a comfortable cruiser for commuting each day or do you use your car to race or tend to get in a run with someone often.

If you want the comfort and the more stealth appeal get a cts. No one ever gives me trouble because they dont expect it that much aparts from certain people. If you get a type r just imagine how many cars are going to tail you constantly and want to race you.

Consider it for comfort, value for money and if you have children consider a comfortable car for kids something which which you wont get people trying to race you when you are with family.

A compressor would be nice! goooood sound.

Red TS did not have leather or satnav. just standard. nice though.

that red cts has been sold , did u buy it chris ?

A compressor would be nice! goooood sound.

Red TS did not have leather or satnav. just standard. nice though.

that red cts has been sold , did u buy it chris ?

how did u know it was sold? its still on trader and evans halshaw website?

Its probably sold but not taken off the website as far as i think my black cts is still on the net lol. Its been 2 weeks. Chris you decided on what you are after yet?

Its probably sold but not taken off the website as far as i think my black cts is still on the net lol. Its been 2 weeks. Chris you decided on what you are after yet?

still thinking.

havnt test drove anything yet mind you

Was fortunate today to have a run with a type R, i beleive the only thing the type r had was an induction kit and that was it.

Now i am going to be as honest as possible which will bring up arguments however.

Firstly from rolling start it was neck on neck for a few split seconds i pulled in front first and then straight after the type r came back neck on neck and jumped in front. about a cars length.

I was behind him on a stop start and kept up all the way till around 60 and there after he pulled away maybe 2 car lenghts.

On a stop start next to him i reckon 0-60 ill be infront maybe but he will catch up.

Overall the type r did stay in front and it was quick its a close call but they are faster.

Im running completely standard at the moment however removed spare wheel.

I reckon with a few bhp more and a bit more torque it will be neck on neck.

Leave this to the compressors to chew for the moment.

Excuse my ignorance but i'm new to all this. I take it the CTS you mention is the standard T-Sport 190 BHP? After much looking and waiting I managed to get my hands on a T-Sport Compressor just over 2 weeks ago. No real run ins as yet but hoping to play against a Type R or similar sometime soon. How does the Compressor stand up against the Type R?

Iv never driven a compressor, but from the fact of now knowing we ts owners are not far behind type rs and are very close. You should not have a problem winning against one.

one thing to consider is our lift comes very late, the type rs vtec kicks in earlier. As compressors have more torque i remember reading and more bhp, better low end than our t sports, you should have no problem out running a type r. Another 30bhp is quite a good fair bit as we ts owners are not getting more then 205 with some fair modifications. Which is good but being 30 more i put my wallet down your compressor could leave a stock type r.

while i can't condone such activities, if you put a bit of benzene or acetone into your petrol, reset the ECU and then drive against a CTR, you'll leave it for dead.

only issue is benzene isn't exactly good for the environment. the other is if you do it for prolonged periods (more than 10 tank fulls at full wack), the high exhaust temperature will fry the lambda sensor.

while i can't condone such activities, if you put a bit of benzene or acetone into your petrol, reset the ECU and then drive against a CTR, you'll leave it for dead.

only issue is benzene isn't exactly good for the environment. the other is if you do it for prolonged periods (more than 10 tank fulls at full wack), the high exhaust temperature will fry the lambda sensor.

lol, not only is benzene not good for the environment, its also not good for us!! wouldnt catch me drinking a pint of it.

TBH and I know im going to get flamed, id prefer the Type-R over the CTS...the handling is far better and has a racier feel. Id love a pop against one in my CTS though..i reckon the CTS wouldnt be too far behind.

The CTS is cracking value for what you get though, its very comfy and has loads of gadgets, cheap insurance and its not hard run. No one bothers you in the CTS, they just dont know what it is lol. It also doesnt have the Chav image that the Civics seem to be getting...shame too, they are a great car.

When I bought my CTS, i just wanted a comfy, quick and reliable car and thats what I got! (Touch Wood)

Considering that you can pick CTS's up from 4k now (decent ones) its a lot of car for the money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links