Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Verso Door Locking Problems

Norris1969

Has anyone experienced any issues with their Verso door locks. I've a 55 plate Verso and last night I could not operate the doors using either of the push button keys, and when I tried to manually open the doors using the key the doors would still not unlock. For whatever reason, when I tried again 15 minutes later they opened 1st time using the push button key.

Going to take the car to a dealer today, because I don't want my wife to have any issues when she is out with the kids.

Has anyone experienced any issues with their Verso door locks. I've a 55 plate Verso and last night I could not operate the doors using either of the push button keys, and when I tried to manually open the doors using the key the doors would still not unlock. For whatever reason, when I tried again 15 minutes later they opened 1st time using the push button key.

Going to take the car to a dealer today, because I don't want my wife to have any issues when she is out with the kids.

I am not quite sure what you mean from the description, but:

If you lock the doors with the key button and then open the door with the actual key, you cannot unlock the other doors with the button on the door itself until the ignition is on.

This I think explains why you could not unlock the doors when inside the car. Or could you not open the door at all?

As to why the key buttons did not work, it could be radio interference from some source of other, perhaps a mobile. But if you can unlock the door with the key and start the engine then you should be able to unlock the rest of the doors.

Hope this helps,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Not had an issue with my Verso, but on a previous car I found after using the key in the door I had to use the remote a couple of times to reset the system (as it were). Maybe get the Battery in the remote key checked or try your spare remote to see if it has the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just brought a Verso 2.2D 57plate and despite changing the Battery my remote will not work, can you please tell me if there is a way to reset the remote control, I belivieve this my be the way to fix my problem

Thanks

Senna12

I have just brought a Verso 2.2D 57plate
If you have just bought the car and something is not working I would take it back to whoever sold it to you. If it was a private sale and as the car is a 57 plate it is still under Toyota warranty so a main dealer should be able to fix it for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links